Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default just made some kale chips

boy are they good.

Don't know why I haven't done this before now. But I'll be doing it
again.... a lot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 5:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> boy are they good.
>
> Don't know why I haven't done this before now. * But I'll be doing it
> again.... a lot!

Did you sprinkle em with garlic powder?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 2:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> boy are they good.
>
> Don't know why I haven't done this before now. * But I'll be doing it
> again.... a lot!

More info is needed before we can pat you on the back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Dec 26, 2:56*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Dec 26, 5:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > boy are they good.

> > Don't know why I haven't done this before now. * But I'll be doing it
> > again.... a lot!

> Did you sprinkle em with garlic powder?

nope.....just tossed them with olive oil and sprinkled just a bit of
kosher salt.

For those who don't know what kale chips are here's the methodology.

Heat your oven to 300

Wash kale thoroughly. remove the ribs and tear or cut into potato
chip sized pieces.
Use a salad spinner and dry the kale thoroughly. Use paper towels to
make sure it's really dry.
Toss with olive oil and put on a baking sheet lined with silpat or
parchment paper in a single layer, you
may need two sheets.
Sprinkle with just a bit of kosher salt.
Bake about 15-20 minutes till it is shatteringly crisp but still quite
green. Don't let it get very brown or
it will be bitter.

You eat them like potato chips, but they are way healthier and more
tasty IMHO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 4:30*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2:56*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 26, 5:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:

> > > boy are they good.

> > > Don't know why I haven't done this before now. * But I'll be doing it
> > > again.... a lot!

> > Did you sprinkle em with garlic powder?

> nope.....just tossed them with olive oil and sprinkled just a bit of
> kosher salt.
>
> For those who don't know what kale chips are here's the methodology.
>
> Heat your oven to 300
>
> Wash kale thoroughly. *remove the ribs and tear or cut into potato
> chip sized pieces.
> Use a salad spinner and dry the kale thoroughly. *Use paper towels to
> make sure it's really dry.
> Toss with olive oil and put on a baking sheet lined with silpat or
> parchment paper in a single layer, you
> may need two sheets.
> Sprinkle with just a bit of kosher salt.
> Bake about 15-20 minutes till it is shatteringly crisp but still quite
> green. *Don't let it get very brown or
> it will be bitter.
>
> You eat them like potato chips, but they are way healthier and more
> tasty IMHO.

Awesome! Gotta give 'em a try!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:08:13 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2:41*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> > boy are they good.
> >
> > Don't know why I haven't done this before now. * But I'll be doing it
> > again.... a lot!

> More info is needed before we can pat you on the back.

Toss kale pieces with a little EVOO (a little goes a long way).
Spread evenly in one layer on a baking sheet (mine are large). Bake
350° 10-15 minutes or until it's crispy enough for you. Stir at least
once if the kale isn't in a single layer. Sprinkle with kosher salt
as soon as you take it from the oven. Use just salt the first time.
Garlic is a good addition to the salt - I've done it both ways. I'll
probably use garlic flavored EVOO the next time I make it.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> boy are they good.
>
> Don't know why I haven't done this before now. But I'll be doing it
> again.... a lot!

I like to use kale as seasoning in a stuffed turkey.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

REC: Made a big pot of kale soup last night zxcvbob General Cooking 3 15-02-2013 10:51 PM
kale chips? Storrmmee General Cooking 19 02-05-2012 09:51 PM
tried kale chips KROM Diabetic 4 24-11-2011 08:02 PM
Kale Chips Julie Bove Diabetic 1 21-03-2009 01:29 PM
Kale chips Jeanne Ketterer General Cooking 1 12-05-2005 04:12 AM