Jeanne Ketterer

Default Kale chips

Has anyone ever made kale chips? I bought some kale at the farmer's market today and decided to make chips instead of adding the kale to soup, etc.

If anyone's made the chips before (bake kale leaves at 350 for 10-15" -- google kale chips), did you rinse the leaves first? Makes sense to me to remove the grit, etc. But then you have the problem of drying the leaves a good bit (pattng dry, spinning) before putting into the oven.

I'll give it a try tomorrow. They're supposed to be pretty good ... any alternative to salty chips.

Jeanne
zxcvbob

Jeanne Ketterer wrote:
> Has anyone ever made kale chips? I bought some kale at the farmer's
> market today and decided to make chips instead of adding the kale to
> soup, etc.
>
> If anyone's made the chips before (bake kale leaves at 350 for 10-15" --
> google kale chips), did you rinse the leaves first? Makes sense to me
> to remove the grit, etc. But then you have the problem of drying the
> leaves a good bit (pattng dry, spinning) before putting into the oven.
>
> I'll give it a try tomorrow. They're supposed to be pretty good ... any
> alternative to salty chips.
>
> Jeanne

I tried it once with cabbage leaves; I dried them in a dehydrator set on
high. After a couple of hours when they were about halfway done, they
started stinking and smelled up the whole house.

Bob

kale chips? Storrmmee General Cooking 19 02-05-2012 09:51 PM
just made some kale chips ImStillMags General Cooking 6 27-12-2011 09:00 PM
tried kale chips KROM Diabetic 4 24-11-2011 07:02 PM
Kale and a local locoavore's recipe...using kale and garlicscapes ImStillMags General Cooking 1 01-07-2010 04:39 AM
Kale Chips Julie Bove Diabetic 1 21-03-2009 12:29 PM