Old 17-10-2011, 11:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Favorite vegetable?

On 10/16/2011 6:36 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
In ,
Tiger wrote:

On 10/16/2011 11:19 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
i hate the getting better part of the flu, when i am in the sickest part i
sleep but when you are getting better you do to much and pay for it, Lee

part of this one is inability to sleep

my bg is 32.x right now
fluid time!

Yikes! Feel better soon, mkay?

ty Alice

my bg has never been that high (that i know of)
wonder where HI is the meter greeting! LOL

kate

Old 18-10-2011, 11:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/9/2011 4:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I may have asked this before but I'm going to ask it again. I have a hard
time picking just one.

[snip]
Potatoes. Yes they are high in carbs. These are another thing I could eat
every day. But I don't. I quit buying the large bags. When my husband was
home we could usually use one up before it went bad. But now we can't. So
I buy them a few at a time or a small bag of the little pearl ones. Those
cook up quickly and they are very good. And they don't seem to spike me.

So those are probably my favorites. What are yours?

I like brussel sprouts and broccoli.

Old 18-10-2011, 12:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a mixture of protein-digesting
enzymes. Cooking deactivates them. So I'd consider them one possibility.

On 10/13/2011 3:57 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
i have no idea what changes but just so you feel less alone, i can eat
strawberries until i explode if they are fresh, once frozen they make me
deathly ill to the point of needing the er, and i can eat "fresh" pineapple
if frozen or i can eat it canned or cooked but never fresh... last time i
did it was in a fluffy salad at a salad bar, i thought it was canned... by
the time we finished our meal and left the resto, i hurled like a vengful
cat from the top of your frig... right there in the parking lot, my stomach
had enough and simply expelled the contents, it took a while to figure out
what it was... no more fluffy salads for me, Lee
"Tiger wrote in message
whimper

ok, i'm getting some more feta cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers or the red
chili peppers

[snip]

Old 18-10-2011, 02:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:
: Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a mixture of protein-digesting
: enzymes. Cooking deactivates them. So I'd consider them one possibility.

That's why you can't add fresh pineapple to Jello, only cooked or canned.

Wendy

: On 10/13/2011 3:57 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
: i have no idea what changes but just so you feel less alone, i can eat
: strawberries until i explode if they are fresh, once frozen they make me
: deathly ill to the point of needing the er, and i can eat "fresh" pineapple
: if frozen or i can eat it canned or cooked but never fresh... last time i
: did it was in a fluffy salad at a salad bar, i thought it was canned... by
: the time we finished our meal and left the resto, i hurled like a vengful
: cat from the top of your frig... right there in the parking lot, my stomach
: had enough and simply expelled the contents, it took a while to figure out
: what it was... no more fluffy salads for me, Lee
: "Tiger wrote in message
: ...
: whimper
:

Old 18-10-2011, 04:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/18/2011 7:18 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Robert wrote:
: Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a mixture of protein-digesting
: enzymes. Cooking deactivates them. So I'd consider them one possibility.

That's why you can't add fresh pineapple to Jello, only cooked or canned.

Wendy

and also why pineapple juice makes a great meat tenderiser

kate

Old 18-10-2011, 10:33 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jacquie wrote:
: My Vet says it also helps deter Poop eating dogs from eating poop....the
: pooper also needs to eat it....LOL.

So you have to go around putting out bowls of choped ham with pineapple
for all the neighborhood dogs to eat:-)

I may not eat it, but i do know aboaut it. (the ham that is.

Wendy

: ...

Old 19-10-2011, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
: My Vet says it also helps deter Poop eating dogs from eating poop....the
: pooper also needs to eat it....LOL.

So you have to go around putting out bowls of choped ham with pineapple
for all the neighborhood dogs to eat:-)

I may not eat it, but i do know aboaut it. (the ham that is.

Wendy

Angela's having some ham for dinner to go with the scalloped potatoes she
found at Costco. She always asks for them but all of the boxed or prepared
ones we found contain wheat. And my attempts to make them have not worked.
They come out clumpy and milky. But she is not allergic to these. I will
have no ham. I think it is one of the foods I have refused to eat since it
was first given to me. That and hot dogs. Blech.

Old 19-10-2011, 05:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/18/2011 2:27 PM, Jacquie wrote:
My Vet says it also helps deter Poop eating dogs from eating poop....the
pooper also needs to eat it....LOL.

Jacquie,

Imagine my horror. The lady i bought my first Tibetan Spaniel from
talked me into showing, getting the Championship papers and then
breeding my Tibbies (yes, by then i had 2 Tibbies). NO ONE TOLD ME that
momma dog keeps the kennel clean.............. ALL of it!

i hovered more than momma dog did and i think she rather felt the same
way i did about that whole idea!

lol

kate

Old 19-10-2011, 08:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

a few might disparage this but for me getting the potatoes right clicked
when dh made the white sauce seperate and steamed the potato slices then
assemble and bake, Lee

Old 19-10-2011, 08:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

the instctual reason for this is most practicle, it was horrifying when i
figured this out from the cats, in fact, eating all voided substances
removes a large scent/hunt factor, young, eliminations smell differently and
attract predators, Lee

Old 19-10-2011, 08:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
a few might disparage this but for me getting the potatoes right clicked
when dh made the white sauce seperate and steamed the potato slices then
assemble and bake, Lee

Hmmm... I haven't heard to do that before. And I've never used a white
sauce.

Old 19-10-2011, 08:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

think au gratin with cheese added, they are smoother if you melt in the
chees to the white sauce, but in a pinch you layer cheese/potatoes pouring
on white sauce as you go, Lee

Old 19-10-2011, 09:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
think au gratin with cheese added, they are smoother if you melt in the
chees to the white sauce, but in a pinch you layer cheese/potatoes pouring
on white sauce as you go, Lee

I will have to look at recipes but don't think I have ever seen one with a
white sauce.