Old 18-05-2011, 09:45 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Celeriac

my wife loves all things green especially Brussels so I tried to make them
in bacon with balsamic and sun dried tomatoes

to wife they were like eating candy she thought them way to sweet..me I
thought them too sour...so there ya go...lol

KROM

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message ...

On 5/17/2011 2:38 PM, KROM wrote:
saw a study not long ago that some people are super tasters and
chemically certain foods react badly to them or different then regular
peeps.

broccoli and asparagus and Brussels were on the list of foods.

pretty much all cruciferous veggies have that chemical in them.

KROM

yup, i'll agree with those comments whole heartedly

and i challenge folk to toss some Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar with sun
dried tomato dressing on those items

you'd be amazed!!!!!!!!!

bwha ha ha

kate

Old 19-05-2011, 08:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 18 May 2011 22:24:44 -0600, Tiger Lily wrote:

KROM, want to come cook here??? bring your wife and kids too

i WANT this recipe!

kate

LOL -

I started discussing with the shop attendant how to prepare and serve a
lamb roast, we came up with a list of spices and vegetables and how to do
it- she nearly started drooling and said with a laugh, "can I come with
you to dinner?"

I think wife would have objected - but she liked the result!
Old 19-05-2011, 04:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/19/2011 1:24 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
LOL -

I started discussing with the shop attendant how to prepare and serve a
lamb roast, we came up with a list of spices and vegetables and how to do
it- she nearly started drooling and said with a laugh, "can I come with
you to dinner?"

I think wife would have objected - but she liked the result!

at a local store here, one fellow in the meat dept is a chef by
trade..... who got out of that industry

but he's never forgotten his trade, so, if he's out on the floor, i'll
stop and chat with him to see what he would do for whatever piece of
meat i'm looking at for dinner

we actually had a group of 4 of us chatting and exchanging 'variation'
ideas on one occasion

kate
Old 19-05-2011, 07:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..I get most of my recipes from Alton brow and Americas test kitchen..I
then modify them to fit my tastes and needs.

I have loved cooking and food since I was a tot.

one of my first memories is deciding my moms pumpkin pie batter needed
pepper...lol

KROM

Old 19-05-2011, 08:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

here's two of the recipes I altered to suit well in this case wife's
tastes..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

http://www.dailyunadventuresincookin...lnuts-and.html

http://doesnttaztelikechicken.com/20...and-balsamico/

KROM

Old 20-05-2011, 02:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

you are hired!!!

the pay sucks, but you get room and board

lol
i think i've found a wife!

kate

Old 20-05-2011, 02:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

ta!

i found the brussel sprouts with balsamic years ago

the BACON addition

OMG, i can hardly wait!
lol

kate

Old 20-05-2011, 08:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..thats why my wife married me I work from home and do all the cookin
and cleaning..she loves it I like being home.

grandfather disowned me..lol..seriously he wrote a long letter about how a
man needs to work a job that uses his hands and wife at home or doing a job
thats domestic if she "must" work...lol

what a sad little minded man..

KROM

Old 21-05-2011, 03:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
lol..thats why my wife married me I work from home and do all the
cookin and cleaning..she loves it I like being home.

grandfather disowned me..lol..seriously he wrote a long letter about
how a man needs to work a job that uses his hands and wife at home or
doing a job thats domestic if she "must" work...lol

what a sad little minded man..

Wow, very old school eh?

Old 21-05-2011, 08:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

the funny thing is he was as "whipped" as one could get..so maybe he was
projecting.

he was in the military and rarely home so she was the boss of the house and
even when he returned she was still in charge.

she worked as a baker making wedding cakes for Marcy's ..well the local high
end store that became Marcy's here..so I'm sure she earned as much as him if
not more.
he left the military and was a security guard..not exactly hard labor
walking thru a warehouse at night with a flashlight..lol

once she passed then he was able to buy the car he wanted..friends he wanted
etc...lol

but yes he totally disowned me so I am pretty sure he has passed on by now
so his loss..if he died alone he had only himself to blame.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" wrote in message
lol..thats why my wife married me I work from home and do all the cookin
and cleaning..she loves it I like being home.

grandfather disowned me..lol..seriously he wrote a long letter about how a
man needs to work a job that uses his hands and wife at home or doing a
job thats domestic if she "must" work...lol

what a sad little minded man..

Wow, very old school eh?

Is celeriac an acquired taste? Jax[_2_] General Cooking 6 13-11-2013 09:48 PM
Celeriac Thumper[_2_] General Cooking 13 28-10-2013 05:49 PM
Mandoline and celeriac Michael Horowitz General Cooking 4 20-02-2010 10:55 PM
Celeriac soup Serene General Cooking 1 01-10-2007 03:18 PM
Lunch - Celeriac Soup Dee Randall General Cooking 0 28-12-2005 08:50 PM