Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is celeriac an acquired taste?

I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is it
an acquired taste? Just wondering!

--
Jax
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:05:33 GMT, Jax >
wrote:

> I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is it
> an acquired taste? Just wondering!

No idea, never tried it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:05:33 GMT, Jax >
> wrote:
>
>> I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is
>> it
>> an acquired taste? Just wondering!

> No idea, never tried it.

Me either. Not even sure that I've seen any at the grocery store here.
There was a guy who shopped at my Albertsons in CA who I referred to as
Ozzy. He was a dead ringer for Ozzy Osborne. Several times in a row when I
went into the produce section, he was there. I can remember him asking me
something about a vegetable, which I answered but the whole thing was rather
comical and I had to stop myself from laughing.

Then he picked up a celeriac and told me that he loved to cook it for his
roommate because he was on a low carb diet and the way he fixed it made it
taste just like mashed potatoes. Again, it was comical. But I think in a
way where you would have had to be there. There was just something about
this guy that was massively over the top. He was acting in what I would
call a stereotypical *** male kind of way.

For some reason this guy really seemed to like me, or perhaps it was Angela
because he would always wave and say "hello" and I always had a hard time
keeping a straight face. It got to where when we entered the store (which
was through the produce department), we'd whisper to each other, "Where's
Ozzy?" I think we encountered him about 6 times and then we never saw him
again.

Anyway... I had my doubts about the stuff tasting like mashed potato. I
did ask somewhere (probably here) and was told that it was no closer to
mashed potato than that fauxtatoes made of cauliflower.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jax" > wrote in message
>I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is it
> an acquired taste? Just wondering!

ALL food is an acquired taste!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in :

> On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:05:33 GMT, Jax >
> wrote:
>
>> I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is it
>> an acquired taste? Just wondering!

> No idea, never tried it.

Useful comment!

--
Jax

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I tried some celeriac. Is it an acquired taste?

Only if you swallow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:35:06 GMT, Jax >
wrote:

> sf > wrote in :
>
> > On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:05:33 GMT, Jax >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I tried some celeriac which my cousin had cooked but didn't like it. Is it
> >> an acquired taste? Just wondering!

> > No idea, never tried it.
> >

> Useful comment!

You might have more luck in a British or maybe Australian ng, but
since we have posters here from both continents - you might be out of
luck there too.

Are old world wines an acquired taste? greg lee Wine 4 13-07-2013 10:57 PM
Acquired - The encyclopedia of cooking in 24 volumes Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 10 26-11-2010 03:08 AM
"Acquired taste" aesthete8 Wine 1 15-10-2010 08:41 AM
"The grape, as well as being an acquired taste, also is quite trickyto grow, winemakers say." aesthete8 Wine 0 07-08-2010 03:04 AM
NYT: Small Wineries Being Acquired by Big Names Biwah Wine 0 29-12-2004 07:11 AM