Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Need suggestions for healthy food bars for travel

Atkins bars are perfect. Check out Wallmart.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Mikey@Liveand laugh.com" wrote in message
> Atkins bars are perfect. Check out Wallmart.

Bingo! Yes, they are, if you can find them.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Mikey@Liveand laugh.com" wrote in message
> Atkins bars are perfect. Check out Wallmart.

I did look at them, but they have sugar alcohols.

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

. ..

> "Mikey@Liveand laugh.com" wrote in message
>> Atkins bars are perfect. Check out Wallmart.

> I did look at them, but they have sugar alcohols.
>
> Thanks,
> MaryL

Mary, it may be a question of quantity. A tiny bit may not automatically
rule them out, unless you have an allergy or particular problem with them.
I remember when I was doing a strict Atkins startup a while ago. I ate a
sugar alcohol chocolate bar as a snack once in a while. It was absolutely
delicious, but oh my did it ever have the well known effect! As for me, I
actually do not particularly like the taste of sweets that much, and so I
would prefer a non sweet bar like the square bites bars I told you about.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Mikey@Liveand laugh.com" wrote in message
>>> Atkins bars are perfect. Check out Wallmart.

>> I did look at them, but they have sugar alcohols.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> MaryL

> Mary, it may be a question of quantity. A tiny bit may not automatically
> rule them out, unless you have an allergy or particular problem with them.
> I remember when I was doing a strict Atkins startup a while ago. I ate a
> sugar alcohol chocolate bar as a snack once in a while. It was
> absolutely delicious, but oh my did it ever have the well known effect!
> As for me, I actually do not particularly like the taste of sweets that
> much, and so I would prefer a non sweet bar like the square bites bars I
> told you about.

> Best Regards,
> Evelyn
>
> Rest in a sky-like mind.
> Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
> Breathe like the wind circling the world

Yes, I would prefer something natural and unsweetened. The square bites
bars sound perfect, but you also said they are local, so I'm not not too
optimistic about finding them. I am going to look for Kind bars today. If
I don't find any in the groceries, I'm going to order some from amazon.com.
I want to avoid Atkins simply because I have never eaten anything with sugar
alcohols. I don't know if I would have problem with diarrhea, but I don't
want to "experiment" on my once-in-a-lifetime vacation. There are some
spices, such as ginger, that cause severe "intestinal distress," but I
always read carefully for that.

MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

. ..

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> I did look at them, but they have sugar alcohols.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> MaryL

>> Mary, it may be a question of quantity. A tiny bit may not automatically
>> rule them out, unless you have an allergy or particular problem with
>> them. I remember when I was doing a strict Atkins startup a while ago.
>> I ate a sugar alcohol chocolate bar as a snack once in a while. It was
>> absolutely delicious, but oh my did it ever have the well known effect!
>> As for me, I actually do not particularly like the taste of sweets that
>> much, and so I would prefer a non sweet bar like the square bites bars I
>> told you about.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Evelyn
>>
>> Rest in a sky-like mind.
>> Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
>> Breathe like the wind circling the world
>>

> Yes, I would prefer something natural and unsweetened. The square bites
> bars sound perfect, but you also said they are local, so I'm not not too
> optimistic about finding them. I am going to look for Kind bars today.
> If I don't find any in the groceries, I'm going to order some from
> amazon.com. I want to avoid Atkins simply because I have never eaten
> anything with sugar alcohols. I don't know if I would have problem with
> diarrhea, but I don't want to "experiment" on my once-in-a-lifetime
> vacation. There are some spices, such as ginger, that cause severe
> "intestinal distress," but I always read carefully for that.
>
> MaryL

Mary that link for the Square Bites had a phone number. I can't imagine
that they wouldn't ship some to you! Call and ask.

I haven't seen anything like these anywhere else, even in Trader Joes, which
I usually enjoy a lot. At the very least they could let you know if they
are available somewhere near where you live.

Like you, I just don't enjoy sweets that much... (thankfully!)
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

The Atkins bar I eat is called "Chocolate Chip Crisp" and there are no
sugars and only 1 gram of Sugar Alcohol. Other bars have more but this low
dose should be fine. Check them out.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

<Mikey@Liveand laugh.com> wrote in message
> The Atkins bar I eat is called "Chocolate Chip Crisp" and there are no
> sugars and only 1 gram of Sugar Alcohol. Other bars have more but this low
> dose should be fine. Check them out.

Should be fine for whom? I can't eat sugar alcohols at all. Many of us
can't.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: <Mikey@Liveand laugh.com> wrote in message
: ...
: > The Atkins bar I eat is called "Chocolate Chip Crisp" and there are no
: > sugars and only 1 gram of Sugar Alcohol. Other bars have more but this low
: > dose should be fine. Check them out.

: Should be fine for whom? I can't eat sugar alcohols at all. Many of us
: can't.

Many of us can tolerate a small amount, liek one cookie or one or two
;ieces of candy adn so can use them in moderation, with good control. You
won't know until you try it, but do read labels carfully and try only a
small amount at once.

There is no reaon to disallow it to all if only some can't use it at all.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : <Mikey@Liveand laugh.com> wrote in message
> : ...
> : > The Atkins bar I eat is called "Chocolate Chip Crisp" and there are no
> : > sugars and only 1 gram of Sugar Alcohol. Other bars have more but this
> low
> : > dose should be fine. Check them out.
>
> : Should be fine for whom? I can't eat sugar alcohols at all. Many of us
> : can't.
>
> Many of us can tolerate a small amount, liek one cookie or one or two
> ;ieces of candy adn so can use them in moderation, with good control. You
> won't know until you try it, but do read labels carfully and try only a
> small amount at once.
>
> There is no reaon to disallow it to all if only some can't use it at all.
>
> Wendy

I can eat a small cookie or a tiny bit of cake once in a while. But I
quickly learned what I could eat and not eat. I feel sick and lousy when I
cheat.