Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Need suggestions for healthy food bars for travel

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : <Mikey@Liveand laugh.com> wrote in message
> : ...
> : > The Atkins bar I eat is called "Chocolate Chip Crisp" and there are no
> : > sugars and only 1 gram of Sugar Alcohol. Other bars have more but this
> low
> : > dose should be fine. Check them out.
>
> : Should be fine for whom? I can't eat sugar alcohols at all. Many of us
> : can't.
>
> Many of us can tolerate a small amount, liek one cookie or one or two
> ;ieces of candy adn so can use them in moderation, with good control. You
> won't know until you try it, but do read labels carfully and try only a
> small amount at once.
>
> There is no reaon to disallow it to all if only some can't use it at all.
>
> Wendy

I can eat a small cookie or a tiny bit of cake once in a while. But I
quickly learned what I could eat and not eat. I feel sick and lousy when I
cheat.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world