Morgan Scopes

Default Ice cream

My mom who is has diabetes has a Minimed. This is a good product because
she can just bolis the right amount and she can eat whatever she wants.
She just keeps track of carbs is all.

"Linda" > wrote in message
> I have never looked in on your group before but would really appreciate it
> if anyone has a diabetic ice cream recipe. My husband has type 2 diabetes
> and would love to have some again.
> Thanks.

CapStick

"Morgan Scopes" > wrote in message
> My mom who is has diabetes has a Minimed. This is a good product

because
> she can just bolis the right amount and she can eat whatever she wants.
> She just keeps track of carbs is all.
>
> "Linda" > wrote in message
> > I have never looked in on your group before but would really appreciate

it
> > if anyone has a diabetic ice cream recipe. My husband has type 2

diabetes
> > and would love to have some again.
> > Thanks.

Please excuse my ingnorance
What is a 'Minimed' and what does it do
Is your mum type 1 or 2

---

Vicki Beausoleil

CapStick wrote:

> > "Linda" > wrote in message
> > > I have never looked in on your group before but would really appreciate

> it
> > > if anyone has a diabetic ice cream recipe. My husband has type 2

> diabetes
> > > and would love to have some again.
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> Please excuse my ingnorance
> What is a 'Minimed' and what does it do
> Is your mum type 1 or 2
>
> ---

It's an insulin pump. A $5000 solution to be able to eat ice cream and
pizza (a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment, BTW).

Here's something a little less expensive.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chocolate Ice Cream

Recipe By : "Splendid Desserts" by Jennifer Eloff
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts Sugar-Free
Chocolate

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Splenda
2 cups skim milk
1 cup whole milk
2 egg yolks
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine cornstarch, cocoa, salt and Splenda in a saucepan. Gradually add
the skim milk and 1 cup whole milk. Stir constantly over medium heat
until the mixture begins to simmer. Stir 3/4 cup of the hot mixture
into the egg yolks and return egg yolks to pan. Cook over very low heat
for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Pour into ice
cream maker and add the whipping cream, whole milk and vanilla. Stir
well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Follow manufacturer's
instructions for freezing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

88calories, 7 g total fat, 4 g carbohydrates per serving (note that the
serving size is small)

Vicki's notes on making ice cream

Because there is no sugar, this ice cream will freeze rock-hard if not
eaten immediately. The addition of two ounces of alcohol will somewhat
alleviate this problem. Be sure to use an alcohol that doesn't contain
excess sugar, like whiskey, brandy or vodka. Avoid liqueurs, they taste
good but have a lot of sugar.

HTH

Vicki