Old 13-10-2007, 09:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default smashed cauliflower recipe

Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
yummy !

Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
tastes ) some garlic too

Enjoy

Joan

Old 14-10-2007, 03:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message [email protected]
Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
yummy !

Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
tastes ) some garlic too

Enjoy

Joan

RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years ago. I
find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)

Cheri

Old 16-10-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Joan and her butterflydogs wrote:
Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
yummy !

Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
tastes ) some garlic too

Enjoy

Joan

we eat this quite often as a mash potato substitute. Another great
variation is to saute onions and mix them in with the final smashed
cauliflower. I love it this way.

Ed

Old 16-10-2007, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
[...]

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.

It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

Myra

Old 16-10-2007, 08:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:12 -0700, Myra wrote:

It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

Yup, you're well-archived, Myra - I had no problem re-finding your
cheesecake recipe last night : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Old 16-10-2007, 01:28 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message
.com...
On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
[...]

I can understand that Myra. You and some others were *ripped off* a lot in
the old days by people writing cook books, doing TV shows etc., Sounds like
you're much smarter now. :-)

Cheri

Old 16-10-2007, 09:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote:
: On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
: Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message [email protected]
:
:
:
[...]

Good to see you posting and it is a shame tht you feel you had to stop
posting recipes. I several ofy yours that got lost when I switched from a
PC to a Mac adn lost all my recipe files!

Wendy
Old 17-10-2007, 02:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 12:21 am, Nicky wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:12 -0700, Myra wrote:
It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

Yup, you're well-archived, Myra - I had no problem re-finding your
cheesecake recipe last night : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Hi NIcky!

I did a search on myself a couple of months ago, and was shocked to
see how many of my recipes were archived, but I think I'm going to go
down in history for my cheesecake - and I haven't made it in AGES.
LOL!

Myra

Old 17-10-2007, 02:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 5:28 am, "Cheri" wrote:
Myra wrote in message

[...]

Hi Cheri!

I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
they've gone.

Never fear - the ones I've developed lately (and I've got some great
ones!) are going into one or two different books. I'm writing one
with a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I'm working on my
own book, which will also be a chronology of my weight loss journey.
When I quit smoking in 2005, I gained back weight - not all of it,
though - and I've been losing it yet again. I'm working out 5 days a
week, and I'm even doing personal chefing on the weekends for people
who either low carb, avoid grains, are lactose intolerant, etc. It's
very fulfilling and not bad on the money scale, either. There's
also a large amount of satisfaction in knowing I can stand up in a
kitchen for 5-6 hours at a time without collapsing.

Another change I've made is that I now emphasize natural and whole
foods and avoid the Frankenfoods. My co-author has challenged me to
use only natural sweeteners in my treats, and so I've come up with a
bunch of recipes that use stevia and are highly spiced. I've actually
duplicated the taste of a honey cake - and that's *my* personal
favorite sweet, which I have not yet in almost a decade until
recently. I'm also doing a lot of fun stuff with nut flours, including
a lot of savory dishes.

So, it's all good,

Myra

Old 17-10-2007, 03:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message
.com...
On Oct 16, 5:28 am, "Cheri" wrote:
Myra wrote in message

.com...On Oct 13,

7:03 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
[...]

Damn Myra, good for you. I will look forward to your books coming out. I
hope it's soon.

Cheri

Old 17-10-2007, 03:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message

I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
they've gone.

Ripped off wasn't really what I meant, just that if someone posts or uses
your recipes I would at least like for them to attribute it to you and the
others, instead of saying things like " I was fooling around in the kitchen
and came up with all these great recipes and they're in my new book." ;-)

Cheri

Old 17-10-2007, 03:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 1:53 pm, "W. Baker" wrote:

Good to see you posting and it is a shame tht you feel you had to stop
posting recipes. I several ofy yours that got lost when I switched from a
PC to a Mac adn lost all my recipe files!

Wendy

Hi Wendy!

If you need replacement recipes, just send me an e-mail, and if
they're something I've posted before, and I'll be happy to send them
to you.

Myra

Old 17-10-2007, 07:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 7:05 pm, "Cheri" wrote:

Damn Myra, good for you. I will look forward to your books coming out. I
hope it's soon.

Well, the book I'm collaborating on is being put together and edited.
The one I'm working on alone is geared to low carbing in general.

I'm excited about both!

Myra

Old 17-10-2007, 07:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Myra" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 16, 5:28 am, "Cheri" wrote:
Myra wrote in message

.com...On Oct 13,

7:03 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message

[email protected]

Could I ask a favor? Please understand that some of us live in Countries
that have Metric and some of your foods we haven't ever heard of, so please
think of us poor foreigners :-)

RodS