Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smashed potato recipe?

I thought I had seen one here and printed it but can't find it.

I Googled but all the recipies I found were long with many ingredients
that I usually don't have on hand. Can someone offer a simple one -
potato and not much more? If that is possible?

I'd like to make it to go with a baked chicken breast instead of my usual
baked, mashed or oven fries.

TIA

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ken wrote:
> I thought I had seen one here and printed it but can't find it.
>
> I Googled but all the recipies I found were long with many ingredients
> that I usually don't have on hand. Can someone offer a simple one -
> potato and not much more? If that is possible?
>
> I'd like to make it to go with a baked chicken breast instead of my usual
> baked, mashed or oven fries.
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

This what you want?
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-hot-potatoes/

Very good stuff.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ken > wrote:

> I thought I had seen one here and printed it but can't find it.
>
> I Googled but all the recipies I found were long with many ingredients
> that I usually don't have on hand. Can someone offer a simple one -
> potato and not much more? If that is possible?
>
> I'd like to make it to go with a baked chicken breast instead of my usual
> baked, mashed or oven fries.
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Simple.

Steam or boil spuds till mashible soft either with or without peel.

Smash them up with a masher, or an electric beater.

Add a bit of sour cream or butter and salt/pepper to taste.

A large fork will do in a pinch but takes a bit more work.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy > wrote in :

> Ken wrote:
>> I thought I had seen one here and printed it but can't find it.
>>
>> I Googled but all the recipies I found were long with many
>> ingredients that I usually don't have on hand. Can someone offer a
>> simple one - potato and not much more? If that is possible?
>>
>> I'd like to make it to go with a baked chicken breast instead of my
>> usual baked, mashed or oven fries.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Ken
>>

> This what you want?
> http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-hot-potatoes/
>
> Very good stuff.

That blog is *very* good stuff too........ I end up spending waaaaaay
too much time reading it!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.