Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default diabetic

Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am over weight and
55 years old. He told me I need to control my sugar and exercise. Both sides
of my family have diabetes. He told me on my next visit he hopes to see an
improvement. Any suggetions?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

charlie and grace wrote:
> Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am

over
> weight and 55 years old. He told me I need to control my

sugar and
> exercise. Both sides of my family have diabetes. He told

me on my
> next visit he hopes to see an improvement. Any suggetions?

Post to alt.support.diabetes this group is more for
discussing food, the other group is valuable for all aspects
of diabetes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"charlie and grace" > wrote:

> Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am over weight and
> 55 years old. He told me I need to control my sugar and exercise. Both sides
> of my family have diabetes. He told me on my next visit he hopes to see an
> improvement. Any suggetions?

Get a hold of a copy of Gretchen Becker's "Type 2 Diabetes: the First
Year" or something in that line. Good book. Very educational.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:53:21 -0800, "charlie and grace"
> wrote:

>Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am over weight and
>55 years old. He told me I need to control my sugar and exercise. Both sides
>of my family have diabetes. He told me on my next visit he hopes to see an
>improvement. Any suggetions?

Welcome to our world - even if you didn't want to come.

I was almost exactly the same age - the diagnosis was an
early present for my 55th birthday.

Use your meter to learn what to eat and what not to eat, add
some exercise to your day, lose the weight.

For the testing read this:
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm

For the weight, try this:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...ting-plan.html

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Rome and Lazio
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Download the Diabetic Diet book from Richard K. Bernestein in the
alt.binaries.e-book.technical is very good book.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:53:21 -0800, "charlie and grace"
> wrote:

>Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am over weight and
>55 years old. He told me I need to control my sugar and exercise. Both sides
>of my family have diabetes. He told me on my next visit he hopes to see an
>improvement. Any suggetions?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"charlie and grace" > wrote in message
> Just came from the doctors. He said my sugar is high. I am over weight and
> 55 years old. He told me I need to control my sugar and exercise. Both
> sides of my family have diabetes. He told me on my next visit he hopes to
> see an improvement. Any suggetions?

yes .. Read read read.. everything on the subject.. there's no question to
dumb to ask.. most in the support groups are good peopel and will help out
with their knowledge. as somone else said. check out alt.suppoort.diabetes

also see: http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp

Also Please keep in mind that not all the recipes presented here are
necessarily appropriate for all people with diabetes or that all the recipes
will fit into every meal plan. No two meal plans are alike. Work with your
health care provider, diabetes educator or dietitian to design your very own
meal plan that's right for you and includes the foods you love. A key
message for people with diabetes is "Carbs Count." Foods high in carbs
(carbohydrates) - bread, tortillas, rice, crackers, cereal, fruit, juice,
milk, yogurt, potatoes, corn, peas, sweets - raise your blood sugar levels
the most.

For many people, having 3 or 4 servings of a carb choice at each meal and 1
or 2 servings at snacks is about right. Remember to keep an eye on your
total number of servings. For example, if you choose to have dessert, cut
back on potatoes.

Round out your meals with a serving of:

a.. Meat (such as fish or chicken) or meat substitute (such as beans,
eggs, cheese, and tofu) about the size of a deck of cards and
b.. Vegetables (such as broccoli or lettuce). There's no limit on
vegetables that are raw or made without fat.
Check your blood sugar to see how your food choices or these recipes affect
your blood sugar. If your meal plan isn't working for you, talk to your
dietitian about making a new one.

Along with exercise and medications (insulin or oral diabetes pills),
nutrition is important for good diabetes control. By eating well-balanced
meals in the correct amounts, you can keep your blood glucose level as close
to normal (non-diabetes level) as possible.

Diabetic ? atec7 7[_2_] General Cooking 12 26-05-2010 07:36 PM
More diabetic atec7 7[_2_] General Cooking 0 09-05-2010 10:13 AM
Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic Amy[_3_] Diabetic 0 17-03-2008 02:22 PM
Diabetic Brownies Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-02-2006 09:53 PM
DIABETIC Gail Lafountain General Cooking 32 06-02-2004 12:59 AM