Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Default Food Processor Manual needed

A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

TIA
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
> to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

Funny but a quick google search found this article that sounds almost
exactly like what you just posted. I suppose you could have posted the same
question elsewhere.

http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/ex/...Thread/3584988

Ain't the Internet grand. ))

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2010 9:35 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
> I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thee description sounds like a Panasonic (possibly the MK-5087 ?) made
for the Asian market. Twenty or so years ago, I bought a similar model.
I still own the manual, but it and I are not currently on the same
continent.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
>A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
>to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
> like to hear your thoughts.

You can't hear them but you can read them.

Is this it?

http://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com.../840046500.pdf

Paul

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
> anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
> I'd like to hear your thoughts.

If this is not the correct manual, try searching the site
http://www.retrevo.com/support/Hamil...6683dj496/t/2/
searching "doanload manual" on google returns many websites who do just
that, host manuals for the users to download
--
ViLco
And the family stone

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2010 8:40 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
>> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
>> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

> Funny but a quick google search found this article that sounds almost
> exactly like what you just posted. I suppose you could have posted the
> same question elsewhere.
>
> http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/ex/...Thread/3584988
>
> Ain't the Internet grand. ))

That was my post!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2010 9:38 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Janet > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
>> to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
>> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
>> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>
>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>> switches.
>>
>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
>> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
>> like to hear your thoughts.

> You can't hear them but you can read them.
>
> Is this it?
>
> http://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com.../840046500.pdf
>
> Paul

No. That's the only one I found, too. Note that the drawing of the disk
shows a one-piece disk, not a plastic one with metal inserts.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:

> Give me the stamped FCCid# marked somewhere on the product and I'll get
> you the manual.

The only thing stamped into the plastic is "9007W"

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 3:52 AM, ViLco wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
>> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
>> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>
>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>> switches.
>>
>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
>> anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
>> I'd like to hear your thoughts.

> If this is not the correct manual, try searching the site
> http://www.retrevo.com/support/Hamil...6683dj496/t/2/
> searching "doanload manual" on google returns many websites who do just
> that, host manuals for the users to download

I found that one, too, but from the drawing on the cover, it is not the
correct manual for the processor I have.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 12:57 PM, Andy wrote:
> Janet > wrote:
>
>> On 10/7/2010 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Give me the stamped FCCid# marked somewhere on the product and I'll get
>>> you the manual.

>> The only thing stamped into the plastic is "9007W"

> 9007W is not an FCC ID.
>
> http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
>
> Andy

There are no other codes on the unit.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:44:59 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>On 10/7/2010 3:52 AM, ViLco wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>>
>>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
>>> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
>>> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>>
>>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>>> switches.
>>>
>>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
>>> anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
>>> I'd like to hear your thoughts.

>> If this is not the correct manual, try searching the site
>> http://www.retrevo.com/support/Hamil...6683dj496/t/2/
>> searching "doanload manual" on google returns many websites who do just
>> that, host manuals for the users to download

>I found that one, too, but from the drawing on the cover, it is not the
>correct manual for the processor I have.

Often manuals are for several versions of the appliance, each with a
slightly different model number. Check inside the manual, if it lists
your model number disregard the drawing... disregard it anyway, it's
only a drawing, a rendition made by a sketch artist, probably in
another country who may well have been drawing from a very different
appliance... often drawings of appliances are actually generic... not
like the slick full color photos on automobile manuals... did you ever
try to assemble something like a kids swing set, a computer desk, or
anything saying "Assembly Required" from the instruction sheet... need
I say more.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 6, 7:35*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
> I'd like to hear your thoughts.
>
> TIA
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. *Cooking does.

==
Model 70200 USERS Manual will work. Google it.
==
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 4:32 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Often manuals are for several versions of the appliance, each with a
> slightly different model number. Check inside the manual, if it lists
> your model number disregard the drawing... disregard it anyway, it's
> only a drawing, a rendition made by a sketch artist, probably in
> another country who may well have been drawing from a very different
> appliance... often drawings of appliances are actually generic... not
> like the slick full color photos on automobile manuals... did you ever
> try to assemble something like a kids swing set, a computer desk, or
> anything saying "Assembly Required" from the instruction sheet... need
> I say more.

Not the same model. I checked. Buttons are different. Front of
processor is different
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 4:25 PM, Andy wrote:
> Janet > wrote:

>>> 9007W is not an FCC ID.
>>>
>>> http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
>>>
>>> Andy

>> There are no other codes on the unit.

> Janet,
>
> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Andy,

I checked the unit carefully. There is a code number for UL listing, and
the model number and the number I gave you. Could the FCC ID be inside
the housing? Could it be in the manual? ;-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

I copied the toll-free number from that manual and I'll try to call tomorrow

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy wrote:

> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
unintentionally.

Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC certification.

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy wrote:

> Seth Goodman > wrote:
>
> > In article >, Andy wrote:
> >
> >> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

> > A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
> > spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
> > unintentionally.
> >
> > Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC

> certification.
>

> Wrong!
>
> Name two anything appliances!

What??

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy wrote:

> Seth Goodman > wrote:

> >> certification.
> >>

> >> Wrong!
> >>
> >> Name two anything appliances!

> > What??

> "What??" is a stupid answer to a direct question.

I don't understand what you mean by "two anything appliances" -
"anything" is not an adjective.

Do you mean you want to know two specific appliances that don't require
FCC certification? Do you want to know two classes of appliances that
don't require FCC certification?

Basic appliances, like toasters, food processors and blenders, that
aren't microprocessor controlled, don't require FCC certification.
That's three. And that's why the OP's food processor has no FCC ID.

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Seth Goodman" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >, Andy wrote:
>
>> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

> A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
> spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
> unintentionally.
>
> Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC certification.

Do electric drills need FCC certification?

What is an "anything appliance"?

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:25:25 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Janet Wilder > wrote:

>>> 9007W is not an FCC ID.
>>>
>>> http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
>>>
>>> Andy

>> There are no other codes on the unit.

> Janet,
>
> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is that
because food processors beam messages into your head?

blake

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:12:43 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Seth Goodman > wrote:
>
>> In article >, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

>> A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
>> spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
>> unintentionally.
>>
>> Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC

> certification.
>
> Wrong!
>
> Name two anything appliances!
>
> Andy

jesus chist, andy. back away from the keyboard and have another drink.

blake
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 06:50:05 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> "Seth Goodman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> In article >, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

>> A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
>> spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
>> unintentionally.
>>
>> Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC certification.

> Do electric drills need FCC certification?
>
> What is an "anything appliance"?

you people at rec.food.equipment obviously aren't familiar with
rec.food.cooking's town idiot, andy. this is par for the course.

if you're really unlucky, his friend sheldon will come along and unleash a
torrent of horseshit. get your killfiles ready.

your apologetic pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:25:25 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> Janet Wilder > wrote:

>>> There are no other codes on the unit.

>> Janet,
>>
>> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is that
> because food processors beam messages into your head?

Electric motors generate interference with radio waves therefore the FCC has
to approve of a design so as not to cause undue disruption to the airwaves..
You could do a Google search before you spout off. It would make you seem
less like a hostile and bitter loser.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 06:50:05 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> "Seth Goodman" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> A product will only have an FCC ID if it might use the radio frequency
>>> spectrum between 9 kHz and 275 GHz, either intentionally or
>>> unintentionally.
>>>
>>> Most basic kitchen appliances neither have, nor need, FCC certification.

>> Do electric drills need FCC certification?
>>
>> What is an "anything appliance"?

> you people at rec.food.equipment obviously aren't familiar with
> rec.food.cooking's town idiot, andy. this is par for the course.
>
> if you're really unlucky, his friend sheldon will come along and unleash a
> torrent of horseshit. get your killfiles ready.
>
> your apologetic pal,
> blake

You misspelled apoplectic.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 6, 8:35*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
> I'd like to hear your thoughts.
>
> TIA
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. *Cooking does.

I guess I would think it would be intuitive and why would you even
need a manual? I have a Hamilton-Beach, with a manual - may be about
the same size as yours, but it's about 10 years old or so. I don't
think I've ever referred to the manual. Turn it on or pulse, switch
the blades for what you want to do. Done.

N.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 6:02 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Oct 6, 7:35 pm, Janet > wrote:
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
>> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
>> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>
>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>> switches.
>>
>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
>> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
>> I'd like to hear your thoughts.
>>
>> TIA
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

> ==
> Model 70200 USERS Manual will work. Google it.
> ==

That is nothing at all like the one I have.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2010 3:03 PM, Nancy2 wrote:

> I guess I would think it would be intuitive and why would you even
> need a manual? I have a Hamilton-Beach, with a manual - may be about
> the same size as yours, but it's about 10 years old or so. I don't
> think I've ever referred to the manual. Turn it on or pulse, switch
> the blades for what you want to do. Done.

I'm sure I could operate it fine, but I'm looking to see if it can
handle stuff like pizza dough before I fry the motor.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

> >> Janet,
> >>
> >> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Andy

> > the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is that
> > because food processors beam messages into your head?

> Electric motors generate interference with radio waves therefore the FCC has
> to approve of a design so as not to cause undue disruption to the airwaves..
> You could do a Google search before you spout off. It would make you seem
> less like a hostile and bitter loser.

ROF,L. If you had bothered with a google search you would have found
that (a) all approved devices do not have FCC IDs and that (b) electric
motors are classified by the FCC as "incidental radiators" and subject
only to the requirements that "Manufacturers of these devices shall
employ good engineering practices to minimize the risk of harmful
interference" (49CFR15.13) and that users of the device can be required
to quit using it if that use is causing harmful interference (49CFR15.5)

Further, FCC does not in general review designs, they require that
samples of the completed device be tested.

As an exercise, please since you are so certain that everything with a
motor has an FCC ID, go down to Home Depot and write down the FCC IDs
for all the power tools on display.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

>> > the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is that
>> > because food processors beam messages into your head?

>> Electric motors generate interference with radio waves therefore the FCC has
>> to approve of a design so as not to cause undue disruption to the airwaves..
>> You could do a Google search before you spout off. It would make you seem
>> less like a hostile and bitter loser.

>ROF,L. If you had bothered with a google search you would have found
>that (a) all approved devices do not have FCC IDs and that (b) electric
>motors are classified by the FCC as "incidental radiators" and subject
>only to the requirements that "Manufacturers of these devices shall
>employ good engineering practices to minimize the risk of harmful
>interference" (49CFR15.13) and that users of the device can be required
>to quit using it if that use is causing harmful interference (49CFR15.5)
>
>Further, FCC does not in general review designs, they require that
>samples of the completed device be tested.
>
>As an exercise, please since you are so certain that everything with a
>motor has an FCC ID, go down to Home Depot and write down the FCC IDs
>for all the power tools on display.

Power tools eh...
are you implying that I should have an FCC ID for my penis?
My atomic clocks all have FCC IDs, my remote weather station too...
but not my meat grinder. hehe
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 12:56:00 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> Janet,
>>>
>>> If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy

>> the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is that
>> because food processors beam messages into your head?

> Electric motors generate interference with radio waves therefore the FCC has
> to approve of a design so as not to cause undue disruption to the airwaves..
> You could do a Google search before you spout off. It would make you seem
> less like a hostile and bitter loser.
>
> Paul

i went as far as searching on the FCC site for 'food processsors' and
turned up nothing. what do you suppose that might mean?

blake

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

in.local...

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

>> > the federal communications commission covers food processors now? is
>> > that
>> > because food processors beam messages into your head?

>> Electric motors generate interference with radio waves therefore the FCC
>> has
>> to approve of a design so as not to cause undue disruption to the
>> airwaves..
>> You could do a Google search before you spout off. It would make you
>> seem
>> less like a hostile and bitter loser.

> ROF,L. If you had bothered with a google search you would have found
> that (a) all approved devices do not have FCC IDs and that (b) electric
> motors are classified by the FCC as "incidental radiators" and subject
> only to the requirements that "Manufacturers of these devices shall
> employ good engineering practices to minimize the risk of harmful
> interference" (49CFR15.13) and that users of the device can be required
> to quit using it if that use is causing harmful interference (49CFR15.5)

Ah, 49CFR15.5 - a great read. My favorite.

> Further, FCC does not in general review designs, they require that
> samples of the completed device be tested.

In other words a review of the product.

> As an exercise, please since you are so certain that everything with a
> motor has an FCC ID, go down to Home Depot and write down the FCC IDs
> for all the power tools on display.

Didn't say all. Besides I'm a Lowes kind of guy. Home Depots are so third
world.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
>A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
>to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>
> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>
> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
> switches.
>
> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
> like to hear your thoughts.
>
> TIA
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

This should give you all you need.
http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well consider
calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more helpful than you
expect.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2011 1:52 PM, Kent wrote:
> "Janet > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
>> to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
>> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
>> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>
>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>> switches.
>>
>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
>> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
>> like to hear your thoughts.
>>
>> TIA
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>

> This should give you all you need.
> http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well consider
> calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more helpful than you
> expect.

You might also look at

http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Hamil...r-manuals.html

--

James Silverton, Potomac

"Not": obvious change in "Reply To"
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> On 2/24/2011 1:52 PM, Kent wrote:
>> "Janet > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very
>>> clean.
>>>
>>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate
>>> rectangular
>>> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
>>> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>>
>>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two
>>> toggle
>>> switches.
>>>
>>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
>>> anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and
>>> brand, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> --
>>> Janet Wilder
>>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>>

>> This should give you all you need.
>> http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well
>> consider calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more
>> helpful than you expect.
>>

> You might also look at
>
> http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Hamil...r-manuals.html

Did either of you read Janet's e-mail? She stated it was a model
702-6. There's no listing in either of your links. Also, Kent, you
missed the fact that she had already contacted Hamilton Beach.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2011 12:52 PM, Kent wrote:
> "Janet > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
>> to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>
>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
>> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
>> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>
>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>> switches.
>>
>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
>> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
>> like to hear your thoughts.
>>
>> TIA
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>

> This should give you all you need.
> http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well consider
> calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more helpful than you
> expect.
>
> Kent

That site was not helpful. My model number was not listed.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2011 1:05 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 2/24/2011 1:52 PM, Kent wrote:
>> "Janet > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>>> appears
>>> to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>>
>>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
>>> snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
>>> steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>>
>>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>>> switches.
>>>
>>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
>>> here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
>>> I'd
>>> like to hear your thoughts.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> --
>>> Janet Wilder
>>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>>

>> This should give you all you need.
>> http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well
>> consider
>> calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more helpful than
>> you
>> expect.
>>

> You might also look at
>
> http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Hamil...r-manuals.html

Not there, either.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2011 5:45 PM, Dora wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>> On 2/24/2011 1:52 PM, Kent wrote:
>>> "Janet > wrote in message
>>> b.com...

>>> This should give you all you need.
>>> http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/use-and...e-and-care.php As well
>>> consider calling or e-mailing the company. They're frequently more
>>> helpful than you expect.
>>>

>> You might also look at
>>
>> http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Hamil...r-manuals.html

> Did either of you read Janet's e-mail? She stated it was a model 702-6.
> There's no listing in either of your links. Also, Kent, you missed the
> fact that she had already contacted Hamilton Beach.

Thanks, Dora. I posted that so very long ago, too.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder > wrote:

-snip-

>That site was not helpful. My model number was not listed.

Did you call the company? It isn't something we think to do these
days-- and often is a waste of time but sometimes you get lucky.

I called Whirlpool in 2007 for a manual that I wasn't able to find
online. [10yr old washer] A real person answered, directed me to
customer service, who said 'No problem', apologized for their website
and emailed me a copy. Done in 2 minutes.

Jim
Member

I have food processor
i have buy food factory