Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Food Processor Manual needed

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:44:59 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>On 10/7/2010 3:52 AM, ViLco wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
>>> appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.
>>>
>>> It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
>>> and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
>>> There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.
>>>
>>> There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
>>> switches.
>>>
>>> I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
>>> anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
>>> I'd like to hear your thoughts.

>> If this is not the correct manual, try searching the site
>> http://www.retrevo.com/support/Hamil...6683dj496/t/2/
>> searching "doanload manual" on google returns many websites who do just
>> that, host manuals for the users to download

>I found that one, too, but from the drawing on the cover, it is not the
>correct manual for the processor I have.

Often manuals are for several versions of the appliance, each with a
slightly different model number. Check inside the manual, if it lists
your model number disregard the drawing... disregard it anyway, it's
only a drawing, a rendition made by a sketch artist, probably in
another country who may well have been drawing from a very different
appliance... often drawings of appliances are actually generic... not
like the slick full color photos on automobile manuals... did you ever
try to assemble something like a kids swing set, a computer desk, or
anything saying "Assembly Required" from the instruction sheet... need
I say more.