Old 07-10-2010, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Default Food Processor Manual needed

A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

TIA
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
b.com...
A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

Funny but a quick google search found this article that sounds almost
exactly like what you just posted. I suppose you could have posted the same
question elsewhere.

http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/ex/...Thread/3584988

Ain't the Internet grand. ))

Old 07-10-2010, 02:50 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2010 9:35 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thee description sounds like a Panasonic (possibly the MK-5087 ?) made
for the Asian market. Twenty or so years ago, I bought a similar model.
I still own the manual, but it and I are not currently on the same
continent.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
b.com...
A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
like to hear your thoughts.

You can't hear them but you can read them.

Is this it?

http://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com.../840046500.pdf

Paul

Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular
and snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached.
There is a steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if
anyone here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

If this is not the correct manual, try searching the site
http://www.retrevo.com/support/Hamil...6683dj496/t/2/
searching "doanload manual" on google returns many websites who do just
that, host manuals for the users to download
--
ViLco
And the family stone

Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2010 9:38 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Janet wrote in message
b.com...
A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It appears
to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand, I'd
like to hear your thoughts.

You can't hear them but you can read them.

Is this it?

http://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com.../840046500.pdf

Paul

No. That's the only one I found, too. Note that the drawing of the disk
shows a one-piece disk, not a plastic one with metal inserts.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:

Give me the stamped FCCid# marked somewhere on the product and I'll get
you the manual.

The only thing stamped into the plastic is "9007W"

Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 3:52 AM, ViLco wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:

[...]

I found that one, too, but from the drawing on the cover, it is not the
correct manual for the processor I have.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:03 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 12:57 PM, Andy wrote:
Janet wrote:

On 10/7/2010 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:

Give me the stamped FCCid# marked somewhere on the product and I'll get
you the manual.

The only thing stamped into the plastic is "9007W"

9007W is not an FCC ID.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Andy

There are no other codes on the unit.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

[...]

Often manuals are for several versions of the appliance, each with a
slightly different model number. Check inside the manual, if it lists
your model number disregard the drawing... disregard it anyway, it's
only a drawing, a rendition made by a sketch artist, probably in
another country who may well have been drawing from a very different
appliance... often drawings of appliances are actually generic... not
like the slick full color photos on automobile manuals... did you ever
try to assemble something like a kids swing set, a computer desk, or
anything saying "Assembly Required" from the instruction sheet... need
I say more.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 6, 7:35*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
A friend scored a Hamilton Beach food processor at a yard sale. It
appears to be almost new. Plastic is in great shape and very clean.

It is a Model 702-6. The shredder and slicer blades ate rectangular and
snap into a round plastic disk that has the spindle attached. There is a
steel blade, too. It appears to be a 6 cup size.

There is a notation that it is "Dual Speed" and there are two toggle
switches.

I can't find a manual on line. I did email Hamilton Beach, but if anyone
here has one or can point me to a pdf, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this particular model and brand,
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

TIA
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. *Cooking does.

==
Model 70200 USERS Manual will work. Google it.
==
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2010 4:32 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Often manuals are for several versions of the appliance, each with a
slightly different model number. Check inside the manual, if it lists
your model number disregard the drawing... disregard it anyway, it's
only a drawing, a rendition made by a sketch artist, probably in
another country who may well have been drawing from a very different
appliance... often drawings of appliances are actually generic... not
like the slick full color photos on automobile manuals... did you ever
try to assemble something like a kids swing set, a computer desk, or
anything saying "Assembly Required" from the instruction sheet... need
I say more.

Not the same model. I checked. Buttons are different. Front of
processor is different
Old 08-10-2010, 01:01 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

On 10/7/2010 2:35 AM, Andy wrote:

Give me the stamped FCCid# marked somewhere on the product and I'll
get you the manual.

The only thing stamped into the plastic is "9007W"

9007W is not an FCC ID.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Andy

There are no other codes on the unit.

Janet,

If it's plugged in, or has a battery in it, it should have an FCC ID.

Best,

Andy

Andy,

I checked the unit carefully. There is a code number for UL listing, and
the model number and the number I gave you. Could the FCC ID be inside
the housing? Could it be in the manual? ;-)

Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 AM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

I copied the toll-free number from that manual and I'll try to call tomorrow