Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Something Unexpected About Chocolate

The FDA considers chocolate acceptable for public consumption as long as
there are less than 60 microscopic insect fragments per 100 grams (four
ounces, or approximately one candy bar). - From the Food section of Oddities
& Wonders (www.oddwonder.com)

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Jeff wrote:

> The FDA considers chocolate acceptable for public consumption
> as long as there are less than 60 microscopic insect fragments
> per 100 grams (four ounces, or approximately one candy bar).

I'd rather have the insects than the insecticides
it would take to completely eradicate them.