Old 24-12-2003, 05:02 PM
June Oshiro

Default Unexpected Christmas Cheer

Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell
rang, and Matt answered it to find a neighbor bearing a small box of
peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few months ago for
new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.

Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered
that we gave out the biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on
Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging largest KING SIZE
Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large
dental bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a
happy holiday!

Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch
you!

-j.

Old 24-12-2003, 05:14 PM
PENMART01

June Oshiro writes:

Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell
rang, and Matt answered it to find a neighbor bearing a small box of
peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few months ago for
new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.

Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered
that we gave out the biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on
Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging largest KING SIZE
Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large
dental bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a
happy holiday!

Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch
you!

Good luck in your new home, June.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 24-12-2003, 07:49 PM
John Gaquin

"June Oshiro" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday.

Welcome to Massachusetts -- home of the cold, impersonal, and aloof New
Englander!

Merry Christmas!

JG

Old 24-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Laura

How nice..reminds me I will be sending special wishes, if not goodies to
some very kindly neighbors who have helped me out this past year, me having
a broken leg and then MS flairs galore..

--

Laura

Old 25-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Charles Gifford

"June Oshiro" wrote in message
Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell
rang, and Matt answered it to find a neighbor bearing a small box of
peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few months ago for
new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.

Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered
that we gave out the biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on
Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging largest KING SIZE
Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large
dental bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a
happy holiday!

Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch
you!

-j.

Good for your neighbors! Congratulations with the new home and new jobs!

Charlie

Old 25-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Nancy Howells

In article . net,
"Charles Gifford" wrote:

[...]

Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular
when you were around before. Where in MA are you?

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).
Old 25-12-2003, 05:57 PM
June Oshiro

Nancy Howells wrote:

Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular
when you were around before. Where in MA are you?

Boston 'burbs.

-j.

Old 25-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Nancy Howells

In article , June Oshiro
wrote:

Nancy Howells wrote:

Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular
when you were around before. Where in MA are you?

Boston 'burbs.

-j.

Me, too - MetroWest. (Maynard, to be precise.)

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).
Old 25-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Jes

June Oshiro wrote in message ...
Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell
rang, and Matt answered it to find a neighbor bearing a small box of
peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few months ago for
new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.

Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered
that we gave out the biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on
Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging largest KING SIZE
Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large
dental bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a
happy holiday!

Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch
you!

-j.

Last night, Christmas Eve, we needed to stop for gas. Well,
technically I guess you could say it was Christmas because it was
after midnight. In any case, I went in to get a bottle of apple juice
and a bottle of water, and when I went to checkout the man said, "it's
on me. Merry Christmas!"
It was so unexpected, and so nice. Made the long drive seem less
dreary.
Also last night, we were unexpectedly invited to my FIL's best friends
house for Christmas Eve dinner. While there the host's wife presented
my daughter with a scarf she'd made herself, and my son with "skater
style" wristbands, which he of course loved. Again, unexpected and
very nice. I hadn't expected them to give any of us gifts, especially
since we'd never met them before. The kids were thrilled though! It
was lovely.

kimberly