FoodBanter.com

-   Chocolate (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/)
-   -   Something Unexpected About Chocolate (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/93589-something-unexpected-about-chocolate.html)

Jeff 10-06-2006 09:39 PM

Something Unexpected About Chocolate

The FDA considers chocolate acceptable for public consumption as long as
there are less than 60 microscopic insect fragments per 100 grams (four
ounces, or approximately one candy bar). - From the Food section of Oddities
& Wonders (www.oddwonder.com)

Mark Thorson 10-06-2006 11:22 PM

Jeff wrote:

> The FDA considers chocolate acceptable for public consumption
> as long as there are less than 60 microscopic insect fragments
> per 100 grams (four ounces, or approximately one candy bar).

I'd rather have the insects than the insecticides
it would take to completely eradicate them.