Old 09-07-2008, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unexpected kitchen gift!

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

*WWW.sugarcraft.com

Old 09-07-2008, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Arri London wrote in
:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make
Christmas ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the
place. On a whim, asked a relative in NJ to send me one for
that state, to make that family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply
place* with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the
District of Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states
whose shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

*WWW.sugarcraft.com

Now that is a nice gift.

I received one yesterday.
It's a set called "Tea For Two". Includes: tea, bamboo tea
canister, two mugs, wooden tea tray, two coasters and tea infuser.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Arri London" wrote in message
Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

My husband did come home a week or two ago with a new ceramic chefs' knife,
which thrilled me. My eldest dropped a can on my other ceramic chefs knife a
month or so ago. It chipped the tip off.

kimberly

Old 09-07-2008, 02:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Arri London
wrote:

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

A Cousances cast iron (unenameled) bread loaf pan; it weighs 4#1.2 oz.
I have also received a bunch of cookbooks I didn't request or have room
for.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
rec.food.cooking
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:11:28 -0600, Arri London
wrote:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

I got a stovetop griddle that fits over two burners. It's very old
and has a beautiful seasoning. It's kinda fun to be able to move
stuff around to different areas of heat. Louise paid a buck for it at
a resale store. I love it.

Lou

Old 09-07-2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

i think baking a cookie in the shape of maryland would be tricky.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://commercialphotographers.com/images/map_maryland.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commercialphotographers.com/maryland.htm&h=328&w=418&sz=37&tbnid=l--zEB6ZCmUJ::&tbnh=98&tbnw=125&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmaryland%2Bmap&sa=X&oi=image_result&r esnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

your pal,
blake
Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

Arri London wrote in
:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make
Christmas ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the
place. On a whim, asked a relative in NJ to send me one for
that state, to make that family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply
place* with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the
District of Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states
whose shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

*WWW.sugarcraft.com

Now that is a nice gift.

I received one yesterday.
It's a set called "Tea For Two". Includes: tea, bamboo tea
canister, two mugs, wooden tea tray, two coasters and tea infuser.

That also is a nice gift. What sort of tea?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nexis wrote:

"Arri London" wrote in message
Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

My husband did come home a week or two ago with a new ceramic chefs' knife,
which thrilled me. My eldest dropped a can on my other ceramic chefs knife a
month or so ago. It chipped the tip off.

kimberly

Have never tried one of those. Better than steel?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

I got a stovetop griddle that fits over two burners. It's very old
and has a beautiful seasoning. It's kinda fun to be able to move
stuff around to different areas of heat. Louise paid a buck for it at
a resale store. I love it.

Lou

Now I'm jealous! Those are great.

I had one that was made for camping and wasn't long enough to use
properly over two burners. This one is 22" X 11" plus the lip. I
sold the other one in a garage sale for buck, so I guess this one was
free.

Lou
Old 10-07-2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

In article , Arri London
wrote:

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

A Cousances cast iron (unenameled) bread loaf pan; it weighs 4#1.2 oz.
I have also received a bunch of cookbooks I didn't request or have room
for.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Very nice gifts.

I may have missed your reply on peeling the green bit from watermelon
rind. Could you tell me again what you use? We just bought another
watermelon and I'd like to try pickling the rind. Ta.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Arri London
wrote:

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

In article , Arri London
wrote:

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

A Cousances cast iron (unenameled) bread loaf pan; it weighs 4#1.2 oz.
I have also received a bunch of cookbooks I didn't request or have room
for.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Very nice gifts.

I may have missed your reply on peeling the green bit from watermelon
rind. Could you tell me again what you use? We just bought another
watermelon and I'd like to try pickling the rind. Ta.

You did miss it. Or it was posted somewhere else. Star brand peeler
made in Switzerland. U-shape. Google turned it up.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Arri London wrote in
:

sandi wrote:

Arri London wrote in
:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make
Christmas ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss
the place. On a whim, asked a relative in NJ to send me one
for that state, to make that family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a
bakin/candy-supply place* with cutters representing 49
states (no Hawaii) and the District of Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the
states whose shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

Anyone else get an unexpected kitchen gift lately?

*WWW.sugarcraft.com

Now that is a nice gift.

I received one yesterday.
It's a set called "Tea For Two". Includes: tea, bamboo tea
canister, two mugs, wooden tea tray, two coasters and tea
infuser.

That also is a nice gift. What sort of tea?

Green tea. I like that. :-)

Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Bought a biscuit/cookie cutter in the shape of NM to make Christmas
ornaments for some 'ex-pats' who actually miss the place. On a whim,
asked a relative in NJ to send me one for that state, to make that
family an ornament.

What came by UPS today was an order from a bakin/candy-supply place*
with cutters representing 49 states (no Hawaii) and the District of
Columbia!

Now I need to sit down with the atlas to sort out the states whose
shapes aren't familiar to me LOL.

i think baking a cookie in the shape of maryland would be tricky.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://commercialphotographers.co....

your pal,
blake
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Um . . . how do you tell the difference between Colorado and New
Mexico?

Lynn from Fargo
Proud owner of many cutters including
North Dakota and Minnesota