Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

Default BBQ Gloves

I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous. I can reach into
my pit and pick up pork butts or whatever is in there and don't feel
a thing. Neither do the gloves suffer any damage. I wash them just
like I wash my hands. With them on, squirt some soap into the palm
and wash as if you were just doing your hands. Rinse and lay aside
to dry.

http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
kurtk

"Brick" > wrote in message
>I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
> I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous. I can reach into
> my pit and pick up pork butts or whatever is in there and don't feel
> a thing. Neither do the gloves suffer any damage. I wash them just
> like I wash my hands. With them on, squirt some soap into the palm
> and wash as if you were just doing your hands. Rinse and lay aside
> to dry.
>
> http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L
> --
> The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed
> my mind.)

> Newsgroups
> =----

I love mine. They also work well for shrimp/crab/crawfish boils.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
dwacôn

"Brick" > wrote in message
>I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
> I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous.

But how do they taste?

Images of Charlie Chaplin boiling a shoe sole comes to mind. Erp...

--
I filled a lightbulb with helium and got enlightened
http://www.dwacon.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:37:16 GMT, "Brick" >
wrote:

>I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
>I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous. I can reach into
>my pit and pick up pork butts or whatever is in there and don't feel
>a thing. Neither do the gloves suffer any damage. I wash them just
>like I wash my hands. With them on, squirt some soap into the palm
>and wash as if you were just doing your hands. Rinse and lay aside
>to dry.
>
>http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L

What type of store did you get those from, Brick? How many dollarskis
did you have to shell out?

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 30-Oct-2005, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:37:16 GMT, "Brick" >
> wrote:
>
> >I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
> >I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous. I can reach into
> >my pit and pick up pork butts or whatever is in there and don't feel
> >a thing. Neither do the gloves suffer any damage. I wash them just
> >like I wash my hands. With them on, squirt some soap into the palm
> >and wash as if you were just doing your hands. Rinse and lay aside
> >to dry.
> >
> >http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L

> What type of store did you get those from, Brick? How many dollarskis
> did you have to shell out?
>
> Harry

I was afraid someone would ask the obvious Harry. I've had those gloves
for a very long time and didn't even use them until recently. In fact I doubted
that they would be of any use in handling hot BBQ products. When I finally
tried them out to handle hot butts and ribs I was surprised that I could use
them directly in my offset instead of tongs or spatulas without damage either
to my hands or to the gloves. Unfortunately, I've had them so long, I have
long since forgotten where they came from. I'm gonna guess that I bought
them in a garden shop or at the Ranch Wholesale store in Longmont,CO.
Probably the latter. The manufacturer "Wells Lamont" lists them under
farm products. Check their website. Maybe they'll lead you to a retailer in
or near Calgary. Look for http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Rubber Gloves ImStillMags General Cooking 1 17-01-2012 02:19 AM
Best gloves for heat? Chemiker Barbecue 14 20-05-2011 11:57 PM
gloves for dishwashing Jeneen Sommers General Cooking 14 08-05-2005 08:54 AM
gloves Lew/+Silat Barbecue 8 20-07-2004 07:29 AM
'Q gloves Dave Bugg Barbecue 7 30-04-2004 03:15 AM