Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

Default BBQ Gloves

On 30-Oct-2005, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:37:16 GMT, "Brick" >
> wrote:
>
> >I seldom post to more then one group, but I'm making an exception.
> >I have a pair of these gloves and they're fabulous. I can reach into
> >my pit and pick up pork butts or whatever is in there and don't feel
> >a thing. Neither do the gloves suffer any damage. I wash them just
> >like I wash my hands. With them on, squirt some soap into the palm
> >and wash as if you were just doing your hands. Rinse and lay aside
> >to dry.
> >
> >http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L

> What type of store did you get those from, Brick? How many dollarskis
> did you have to shell out?
>
> Harry

I was afraid someone would ask the obvious Harry. I've had those gloves
for a very long time and didn't even use them until recently. In fact I doubted
that they would be of any use in handling hot BBQ products. When I finally
tried them out to handle hot butts and ribs I was surprised that I could use
them directly in my offset instead of tongs or spatulas without damage either
to my hands or to the gloves. Unfortunately, I've had them so long, I have
long since forgotten where they came from. I'm gonna guess that I bought
them in a garden shop or at the Ranch Wholesale store in Longmont,CO.
Probably the latter. The manufacturer "Wells Lamont" lists them under
farm products. Check their website. Maybe they'll lead you to a retailer in
or near Calgary. Look for http://www.wellslamont.com/styledetail.tpl?style=167L

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)