Dave Bugg

Default 'Q gloves

I'm trying a pair of these out (with Kevlar):
http://www.servu-online.com//subpage...t=248&grp=2591
Dave

Tank

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I'm trying a pair of these out (with Kevlar):
> http://www.servu-online.com//subpage...t=248&grp=2591
> Dave

I use leather gloves from a welding supply store.
They are called "Iron Mike" gloves. Actually just
a good, heavy leather & cloth work glove. I use
them to pick up pieces of charcoal and move them
around, and to pick up my chimney lighter to dump
it on the grill. After a year or so, the heat hardens
up the leather, and you might want to replace them.
They are cheap enough, though.

--
Tank

The "Q" Zone.

Dave Bugg

Tank wrote:

> I use leather gloves from a welding supply store.
> They are called "Iron Mike" gloves. Actually just
> a good, heavy leather & cloth work glove. I use
> them to pick up pieces of charcoal and move them
> around, and to pick up my chimney lighter to dump
> it on the grill. After a year or so, the heat hardens
> up the leather, and you might want to replace them.
> They are cheap enough, though.

Thanks. That's what I'm using right now.
Dave

Bubba Unix Dude

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Tank wrote:
>
> > I use leather gloves from a welding supply store.
> > They are called "Iron Mike" gloves. Actually just
> > a good, heavy leather & cloth work glove. I use
> > them to pick up pieces of charcoal and move them
> > around, and to pick up my chimney lighter to dump
> > it on the grill. After a year or so, the heat hardens
> > up the leather, and you might want to replace them.
> > They are cheap enough, though.

> Thanks. That's what I'm using right now.
> Dave

That brings up a good question. I have seen these silocone-like oven mits on
Food Channel once before on Alton Brown's show, I believe. They look pretty
nice, something that would be easy to clean or wash. I did a little
searching on the internet to see if I could find some. Maybe I using the
wrong search term but I had no luck.

Has anyone used these gloves before? Do you recommend them? Anyone know
where they can be purchased?

Thanks,

Scott

Sue

"Bubba Unix Dude" > wrote in message
> That brings up a good question. I have seen these silocone-like oven mits

on
> Food Channel once before on Alton Brown's show, I believe. They look

pretty
> nice, something that would be easy to clean or wash. I did a little
> searching on the internet to see if I could find some. Maybe I using the
> wrong search term but I had no luck.

search for silicone oven mitts
not "silocone"

Dave Bugg

Bubba Unix Dude wrote:

> Has anyone used these gloves before? Do you recommend them? Anyone
> know where they can be purchased?

They CAN be effective for temps below 300F. I don't think I'd use them for
grill or 'Q.

Jack Sloan

"Bubba Unix Dude" > wrote in message

> "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> > Tank wrote:
> >
> > > I use leather gloves from a welding supply store.
> > > They are called "Iron Mike" gloves. Actually just
> > > a good, heavy leather & cloth work glove. I use
> > > them to pick up pieces of charcoal and move them
> > > around, and to pick up my chimney lighter to dump
> > > it on the grill. After a year or so, the heat hardens
> > > up the leather, and you might want to replace them.
> > > They are cheap enough, though.

> > Thanks. That's what I'm using right now.
> > Dave
> >

> That brings up a good question. I have seen these silocone-like oven mits

on
> Food Channel once before on Alton Brown's show, I believe. They look

pretty
> nice, something that would be easy to clean or wash. I did a little
> searching on the internet to see if I could find some. Maybe I using the
> wrong search term but I had no luck.
>
> Has anyone used these gloves before? Do you recommend them? Anyone know
> where they can be purchased?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

My wife found one for me at one of those fancy mall cookin' stores...I think
she paid around $20 for one mitt. I wouldnta paid that for a silicon mitt,
but it was my birthday. works great .
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Bubba Unix Dude wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used these gloves before? Do you recommend them? Anyone
> > know where they can be purchased?

> They CAN be effective for temps below 300F. I don't think I'd use them

for
> grill or 'Q.

I've used it for both and have been happy. ain't been burned since
September.
Jack

Rubber Gloves ImStillMags General Cooking 1 17-01-2012 01:19 AM
Best gloves for heat? Chemiker Barbecue 14 20-05-2011 11:57 PM
BBQ Gloves Brick Barbecue 4 31-10-2005 01:17 AM
gloves for dishwashing Jeneen Sommers General Cooking 14 08-05-2005 08:54 AM
gloves Lew/+Silat Barbecue 8 20-07-2004 07:29 AM