frohe

Default baby backs vs spares

Eddie wrote:
> So, looks like the reply was right on. And looks like I'm going to
> try the spares (have been doing babies in the past)

Spares is the only part of the pig ya want ribs in. You'll not regret
switchin to spares.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Barry Bean

Eddie > wrote in
:

> "Food of the Month"
> Pork Spareribs
> "Got baby back? Than you got a bad deal. If you want a pigpen full
> of real pork flavor, you want long, meaty, economical spareribs."

Bah humbug! What you get is a a pigpin full of extra fat, gristle, and hard
to deal with joints! Give me a side of loin or baby back ribs any day of
the week!

> It continues:
> "Splurge a little and buy your meat from a local farmer's market or a
> gourmet store that carries heirloom, organically raised pork.

ROTFLOL!!!

Edwin Pawlowski

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message

>> It continues:
>> "Splurge a little and buy your meat from a local farmer's market or a
>> gourmet store that carries heirloom, organically raised pork.

> ROTFLOL!!!

I take it you've never tried it? Wonderful stuff. I've raised my own a few
times too and it is far superior to factory make hogs. I'm fortunate to
have two slaughterhouses that can get me the right breeds for heirloom pork.

Dave Bugg

TFM® wrote:

> Dude, I've been to Bob in Ga's a couple times and believe me fat,
> homegrown hogs are *vastly* superior to the garbage they sell in the
> stores.
>
> There's really no comparison.

That's the fact.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Barry Bean

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
:

> "Barry Bean" > wrote in message
>>
>>> It continues:
>>> "Splurge a little and buy your meat from a local farmer's market or
>>> a gourmet store that carries heirloom, organically raised pork.

>> ROTFLOL!!!

> I take it you've never tried it?

You take it wrong. I have cooked and eaten "organic" pork, and have tested
it side by side with conventional pork in taste tests. No difference that
any of us could discern.

dwacon

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
> :

>>> ROTFLOL!!!

>> I take it you've never tried it?

> You take it wrong. I have cooked and eaten "organic" pork, and have tested
> it side by side with conventional pork in taste tests. No difference that
> any of us could discern.

Isn't pork, by definition, organic? Have you ever seen inorganic pork?

--
For Lovers Only
http://tinyurl.com/8emny

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 2:24:19 PM

Heavy_Smoker

dwacon said

>> You take it wrong. I have cooked and eaten "organic" pork, and
>> have tested it side by side with conventional pork in taste
>> tests. No difference that any of us could discern.
>>

> Isn't pork, by definition, organic?

>Have you ever seen inorganic pork?

See the recent Highway Bill passed by US congress. ;-)

--
Better living through smoking.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message

> You take it wrong. I have cooked and eaten "organic" pork, and have tested
> it side by side with conventional pork in taste tests. No difference that
> any of us could discern.

I take it right. Organic pork is not heirloom pork. If you tried it,
you'd see the difference. One has to do with feeding, the other with
breeding, but usually feeding too.

Freezing baby backs? Bo Hica Barbecue 4 22-10-2006 10:19 PM
Baby Backs, 6 rax mtbchip Barbecue 0 03-12-2004 06:41 AM
Baby Backs $2.88 a pound! Bo Hica Barbecue 1 19-06-2004 03:43 PM
Another pork cut like baby backs? John Crankshaw Barbecue 38 18-05-2004 04:16 AM