Default grill material question

I've got an old brick incinerator in the back yard that I thought I
might take down and rebuild as a grill. I'm looking for material for
the grill itself. I don't want expanded metal. I looked on the net
for ready -made inserts and all that popped up were yuppie gizmos made
of stainless steel with lots of useless features and selling for over a
kilobuck. I don't have any welding equipment at this time so I'm
hoping to find something already fabricated but not at that price. I
would also like to raise and lower it. Any opinions out there?
Thanks,
Dutch

Gas grill question SteveSch Barbecue 5 25-08-2006 02:51 PM
grill question Nonnymus Barbecue 4 01-07-2006 05:56 PM
gas grill cover question Phyllis Stone General Cooking 23 15-01-2006 11:17 AM
BBQ Grill Question SP General Cooking 2 22-05-2005 05:51 PM
Old Grill Question Tim General Cooking 16 07-03-2004 05:30 PM