Default Kamado grills question.

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a Kamado grill (or the BGE), but am
wandering how good they are and where to puchase the units?

I have heard of Kamado's being available only after a long (months)
wait. Anyone selling their used Kamado?

I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.

Chris...
BOB

> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in purchasing a Kamado grill (or the BGE), but am
> wandering how good they are and where to puchase the units?

Don't get tired wandering around. ;-) Kamados can only be purchased
from Kamado.
How good are they? Well, I have three and another on order for a
friend. It must mean that *I* like them.

> I have heard of Kamado's being available only after a long (months)
> wait. Anyone selling their used Kamado?

They just ended a sale in the middle of April, so they're possibly
backed up a little right now, but IMO, it will be worth the wait.

> I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.

A Kamado will let you cook all winter long if you wish. The weather
may slow *you* down (or stop you), but the Kamado will just keep on
chugging right along.

BOB

jeff bennett

there's another option. http://www.grilldome.com/
they sell ceramic cookers. Prices are
pretty good too.

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in purchasing a Kamado grill (or the BGE), but am
> wandering how good they are and where to puchase the units?
>
> I have heard of Kamado's being available only after a long (months)
> wait. Anyone selling their used Kamado?
>
> I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.
>
> Chris...

Matthew L. Martin

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in purchasing a Kamado grill (or the BGE), but am
> wandering how good they are and where to puchase the units?

You may be able to find BGE dealer locally, for Kamado:

<http://www.kamado.com>

> I have heard of Kamado's being available only after a long (months)
> wait. Anyone selling their used Kamado?

Kamado cookers are handmade and are built on order. They have moved
their factory to Mexico and have seriously increased their manufacturing
capacity.

> I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.

I'll tell you two things about Kamado

1) My first cook with my two Ks was in January. I cooked a boston butt
and a brisket in each. I started cooking in the evening and left them to
their own devices for the night. The overnight low temperature was -15F
(-26C). Both cookers were still cooking above 200 degrees when I got up
in the morning. Food cooked on a Kamado is excellent and controlling the
temperature is easy.

B) They stand behind their product. My K9 (the largest currently in
production) had some manufacturing defects. The gas option didn't fit
properly and three stabalizing bolts were not installed. The result of
that was the ceramic material under the bands in the hinge area started
breaking down, shedding chips onto my patio. I sent them pictures of the
problem:

<http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/K9issues/index.htm>

Their response was to replace my cooker with a new one. They are picking
up shipping both ways, too. I haven't gotten notification of the build
schedule as they are waiting on their tile supplier before they can
build me a new cooker.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Matthew L. Martin

> You've got a wait ahead of you. I'm still waiting for the touchup kit
> they promised me 6 years ago.

Try sending an email to . They have hired two people
to handle service issues. Those two folk are trying hard.

Good luck

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even