Matthew L. Martin

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in purchasing a Kamado grill (or the BGE), but am
> wandering how good they are and where to puchase the units?

You may be able to find BGE dealer locally, for Kamado:

<http://www.kamado.com>

> I have heard of Kamado's being available only after a long (months)
> wait. Anyone selling their used Kamado?

Kamado cookers are handmade and are built on order. They have moved
their factory to Mexico and have seriously increased their manufacturing
capacity.

> I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.

I'll tell you two things about Kamado

1) My first cook with my two Ks was in January. I cooked a boston butt
and a brisket in each. I started cooking in the evening and left them to
their own devices for the night. The overnight low temperature was -15F
(-26C). Both cookers were still cooking above 200 degrees when I got up
in the morning. Food cooked on a Kamado is excellent and controlling the
temperature is easy.

B) They stand behind their product. My K9 (the largest currently in
production) had some manufacturing defects. The gas option didn't fit
properly and three stabalizing bolts were not installed. The result of
that was the ceramic material under the bands in the hinge area started
breaking down, shedding chips onto my patio. I sent them pictures of the
problem:

<http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/K9issues/index.htm>

Their response was to replace my cooker with a new one. They are picking
up shipping both ways, too. I haven't gotten notification of the build
schedule as they are waiting on their tile supplier before they can
build me a new cooker.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?