Old 11-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Chef Juke

Default BBQ Map project

Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

So, if you either email me or post a message with the location and
website (if available) of a BBQ joint that you would personally
recommend, I'll add a link to the map..

Here's the start...Big Jim's...(yeah, I know, the link is to the lazy
Q site, but it's all I had...)

Whaddya think?

Did I miss someone already doing (done) this?

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

Old 11-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Chef Juke

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:06:49 -0800, Chef Juke
wrote:

Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

So, if you either email me or post a message with the location and
website (if available) of a BBQ joint that you would personally
recommend, I'll add a link to the map..

Here's the start...Big Jim's...(yeah, I know, the link is to the lazy
Q site, but it's all I had...)

Uhhh....maybe I shoulda posted the link somewhere right about here,
huh?

http://www.chefjuke.com/bbqmap/

Old 11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Ricky

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Here's a list of bbq joints in Florida to map:
http://www.flbbq.org/joints.htm

Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Chef Juke

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:58:08 -0500, "Ricky"
wrote:

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
.. .
Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Here's a list of bbq joints in Florida to map:
http://www.flbbq.org/joints.htm

Ricky,

Thanks for that, although I would prefer to get just places personally
recommended by folks here on A.F.B. as opposed to just a list of all
of the BBQ places that are out there.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Jason Tinling

Chef,

I'll recommend a couple:

Smokebox BBQ Cafe
10020 NW Ambassador Ave
Kansas City, MO
64153

I wasn't expecting much from a place with 'cafe' in the name but was
pleasantly surprised. Fair prices, good eats. Located in an industrial
park "strip mall"

Plusses:
A couple of slices of white bread on top of every order
Good beans with a tasty amount of ends, etc chopped in
A sharp, vinegary slaw.
Burnt ends and their sausage both rock

Minuses:
Have to ask for your sauce on the side
Brisket cut a little too thin
Food cooked off-site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JP's Southern BBQ
356 N. Queen St
Lancaster, PA
17601

Surprised to find this one, as PA "BBQ" consists of thin slices of pork or
beef roast, soaked in some kinda broth/liquid until tonged outta the pool,
tossed on some bread and splashed with a sweet ketchup/relish
mix...shudder

Pluses:
Deep smoke ring, thick slices of brisket still nice and tender
Sauce on the side!
Nice smoky beans with some burnt ends
Pit made by a local fellow, guy who runs the PA KCBS event. Great hunk of
metal.

Minuses:
Sauce a little on the sweet side

Neutrals:
Slaw too heavy on the onions for my taste.

Jason

Old 11-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

wrote:

Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Sagebrush BBQ in New Meadows, ID

(Let's see if your mapping program can find New Meadows.)

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Old 11-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Ricky

"Chef Juke" wrote in message

Ricky,

Thanks for that, although I would prefer to get just places personally
recommended by folks here on A.F.B. as opposed to just a list of all
of the BBQ places that are out there.

All of the recommendations came from either this newsgroup or the bbq forum.
It's not just a list of bbq places, it's a list of recommended bbq places.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Lew/+Silat

Chef Juke,

A fine, fine idea.

Lew/+Silat

When I was a rebel ( oh yeah Ive always been one) I wanted to be the guy
that when I moved into the house next to you , your lawn would die....

IVE FRIGGEN TURNED INTO THAT GUY:}

Old 11-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Rob

Chef Juke wrote in message

So, if you either email me or post a message with the location and
website (if available) of a BBQ joint that you would personally
recommend, I'll add a link to the map..

Chef-

There are two that come to my mind (that are still operating). Sadly,
they are both in TX and I'm (now) in NC.

Joe's Barbeque Company
1400 E. Hwy 6
P.O. Box 2489
Alvin, Texas 77512-2489
Tel.: 281-331-9626
Fax: 281-331-5016
http://www.joesbbq.com/

Incredible smoked sausage po-boy.. load up on pickles and onions at
the "bar" before you sit down. The line outside starts early for lunch
and dinner but, it's worth the wait. I really like the sauce too.

The Salt Lick
18001 FM 1826
Driftwood, Texas 78619
512-858-4959
Office # at 512-894-3117
Monday thru Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

Rob
Q' 4 all so long as it's not parboiled.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
BOB

Chef Juke wrote:
Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

So, if you either email me or post a message with the location and
website (if available) of a BBQ joint that you would personally
recommend, I'll add a link to the map..

Here's the start...Big Jim's...(yeah, I know, the link is to the lazy
Q site, but it's all I had...)

Whaddya think?

Did I miss someone already doing (done) this?

Here's a website for my favorite in Orlando (area), Florida. It's pretty good
stuff, though the consistancy of the sides can leave something to be desired.

http://www.bubbalous.com/locations.htm

http://www.bubbalous.com/locations_alafaya.htm
http://www.bubbalous.com/locations_winterpark.htm
http://www.bubbalous.com/locations_kirkman.htm
http://www.bubbalous.com/locations_altsprings.htm

It's a local "chain" but each location has it's own personality.

BOB

Old 11-02-2004, 11:20 PM
frohe

Chef Juke wrote:
Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Well, lessee...
1 - Dave Bugg's place
2 - All AFBer locations - ya know they got good Q. 'Sides, it'd be fun to
see where everone's at.

--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Old 12-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Chef Juke

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:26:25 -0500, "Ricky"
wrote:

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
.. .

Ricky,

Thanks for that, although I would prefer to get just places personally
recommended by folks here on A.F.B. as opposed to just a list of all
of the BBQ places that are out there.

All of the recommendations came from either this newsgroup or the bbq forum.
It's not just a list of bbq places, it's a list of recommended bbq places.

Hey Ricky,

My bad. I misread the heading on the page (the part about not a
recommendation) and kinda stopped there. I will sort through and add
the list.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Chef Juke

wrote:

Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Sagebrush BBQ in New Meadows, ID

(Let's see if your mapping program can find New Meadows.)

Yup, and it even had a link for Sagebrush BBQ Steakhouse and Saloon...

;-)

Old 12-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Chef Juke

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:20:02 GMT, "frohe"
wrote:

Chef Juke wrote:
Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

Well, lessee...
1 - Dave Bugg's place
2 - All AFBer locations - ya know they got good Q. 'Sides, it'd be fun to
see where everone's at.

Say, that's fair.

In the interest of keeping folks stuff reasonably private (it's a big
bad internet out there) I'd do it by City only, not actually address,
but if folks are interested in an AFB Map as well, I'd be happy to
oblige (if i find my copy of mappoint I can run stats on where the
most AFB'er s per squre mile are...and such useless but fun trivia)

Old 12-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Bruce

wrote:

Hey all,

Just messing around with my mapping program while reading some posts
and thought I'd play around and try to map all of the suggested BBQ
joints folks here recommend.

So, if you either email me or post a message with the location and
website (if available) of a BBQ joint that you would personally
recommend, I'll add a link to the map..

Bob in GA's. South Central GA.
Bruce