Jason Tinling

Default BBQ Map project

Chef,

I'll recommend a couple:

Smokebox BBQ Cafe
10020 NW Ambassador Ave
Kansas City, MO
64153

I wasn't expecting much from a place with 'cafe' in the name but was
pleasantly surprised. Fair prices, good eats. Located in an industrial
park "strip mall"

Plusses:
A couple of slices of white bread on top of every order
Good beans with a tasty amount of ends, etc chopped in
A sharp, vinegary slaw.
Burnt ends and their sausage both rock

Minuses:
Have to ask for your sauce on the side
Brisket cut a little too thin
Food cooked off-site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JP's Southern BBQ
356 N. Queen St
Lancaster, PA
17601

Surprised to find this one, as PA "BBQ" consists of thin slices of pork or
beef roast, soaked in some kinda broth/liquid until tonged outta the pool,
tossed on some bread and splashed with a sweet ketchup/relish
mix...<shudder>

Pluses:
Deep smoke ring, thick slices of brisket still nice and tender
Sauce on the side!
Nice smoky beans with some burnt ends
Pit made by a local fellow, guy who runs the PA KCBS event. Great hunk of
metal.

Minuses:
Sauce a little on the sweet side

Neutrals:
Slaw too heavy on the onions for my taste.

Jason