Old 02-10-2003, 02:51 PM
PackRat2112

Default Another Tri-Tip question

"Cuchulain Libby" wrote in
:

"Duwop" wrote

I made my tips just off the fire for years, using a soy sauce based
marinade mostly, it would get some decent smoke and be done within an
hour.
Then I started direct grilling em with a closed lid. I wont go back,
the meat is more tender that way IMO.

D,
You know how folks in Cali and the PNW moan about the lack of briskets or
exhorbitant prices when found? Tri-tip is non-existent here in SoTex.

-Hound

costco is the place to get it here in so-cal..

--
"One likes to believe in the freedom
Of music. But glittering prizes

Old 02-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:03:09 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:57:34 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
wrote:

You know how folks in Cali and the PNW moan about the lack of briskets or
exhorbitant prices when found? Tri-tip is non-existent here in SoTex.

Come to Austin and get it at Central Market or the HEB at Brodie and
William Cannon.

-sw

What's the big deal over Tri-Tip anyhow? I'll take a flank over a
Tri-Tip any time.

Harry
Old 03-10-2003, 05:34 AM
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:05:48 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

wrote:

You know how folks in Cali and the PNW moan about the lack of briskets or
exhorbitant prices when found? Tri-tip is non-existent here in SoTex.

Come to Austin and get it at Central Market or the HEB at Brodie and
William Cannon.

-sw

What's the big deal over Tri-Tip anyhow? I'll take a flank over a
Tri-Tip any time.

Flank is a low class tri-tip. Tri-tip is better tasting and much more
tender. Now if you want to claim that flap meat is better than
tri-tip, then you might have something worth debating.

-sw

Don't want to start any scraps, but I've enjoyed much better flankens
then Tri-Tips some off my cooker. That is a consensus from my
fressers & not just my personal opinion.

Harry