FoodBanter.com

-   -   Another Tri-Tip question (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/18992-re-another-tri-tip.html)

PackRat2112 02-10-2003 02:51 PM

Another Tri-Tip question

"Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in
:

> "Duwop" > wrote
>>
>> I made my tips just off the fire for years, using a soy sauce based
>> marinade mostly, it would get some decent smoke and be done within an
>> hour.
>> Then I started direct grilling em with a closed lid. I wont go back,
>> the meat is more tender that way IMO.

> D,
> You know how folks in Cali and the PNW moan about the lack of briskets or
> exhorbitant prices when found? Tri-tip is non-existent here in SoTex.
>
> -Hound

costco is the place to get it here in so-cal..

--
"One likes to believe in the freedom
Of music. But glittering prizes

Harry Demidavicius 02-10-2003 11:23 PM

Another Tri-Tip question

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:03:09 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:57:34 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
> wrote:
>
>>You know how folks in Cali and the PNW moan about the lack of briskets or
>>exhorbitant prices when found? Tri-tip is non-existent here in SoTex.

>Come to Austin and get it at Central Market or the HEB at Brodie and
>William Cannon.
>
>-sw

What's the big deal over Tri-Tip anyhow? I'll take a flank over a
Tri-Tip any time.

Harry

Harry Demidavicius 03-10-2003 05:34 AM

Another Tri-Tip question

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:05:48 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:23:55 GMT, Harry Demidavicius >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:03:09 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>>>Come to Austin and get it at Central Market or the HEB at Brodie and
>>>William Cannon.
>>>
>>>-sw

>>What's the big deal over Tri-Tip anyhow? I'll take a flank over a
>>Tri-Tip any time.

>Flank is a low class tri-tip. Tri-tip is better tasting and much more
>tender. Now if you want to claim that flap meat is better than
>tri-tip, then you might have something worth debating.
>
>-sw

Don't want to start any scraps, but I've enjoyed much better flankens
then Tri-Tips some off my cooker. That is a consensus from my
fressers & not just my personal opinion.

Harry