Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Fuel Cost Comparisons in Text format

On Oct 4, 9:53*pm, "Theron" wrote:
"Brick" wrote in message

ter.com...

On *4-Oct-2009, "Theron" wrote:

"Duwop" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 3:19 pm, "Theron" wrote:

I'm not aware

That's painfully obvious Kent.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. However, there has not been a post
on
this NG that compares the cost of BTUs of different fuels we use when
smoking or grilling.

In the six years I've been here, you're the only one that ever thought it
was relavant. Nobody that seriously cooks, gives a big rats AXXX
about the btu/hr of fuel. Not even the commercial folks care.

Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

I think when the fuel cost of smoking a pork shoulder is greater than the
cost of the meat we should consider that important. You bet the commercial
folks care about that.

You call that thinking? And that have absolutely nothing to do with
your original now does it? At least you're now admitting that your
original question was not thought out at all and basically more of
your attention seeking trolling.

Thanks for the confirmation of continued asshattery.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:12 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

I think when the fuel cost of smoking a pork shoulder is greater than the
cost of the meat we should consider that important.

Ed

/feed OCD mode on You've got the numbers, tell me *when* that is
going to occur and why I should care. Also, who's this we you seem to be
speaking for- do they all live in Nick's Bozo bin with you?

Brian
Old 05-10-2009, 04:58 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:29:31 -0700, "Theron"
wrote:

Again, the BTU per pound of different brands of charcoals is not the same as
indicated. I'm also assuming 10,000 BTU per hour, which is variable, based
on cooking temp, and the size of the cooking unit. I've been unable to find
anything about the ingredients of the Sam's Walmart charcoal, and the Trader
Joe's charcoall is claimed to be 100% hardwood plus cornstarch to bind and
lump is wood.
cost weight/lb cost/lb btu/lb cost/10,000 BTU
Comp to propane Cost/5 hrs Cost/10 hrs

20 lb Propane $20.00 20 $1.00 21000 $0.48
100.00% $2.38 $4.76

Sam's Choice $5.27 18 $0.29 9000 $0.33
68.31% $1.63 $3.25

Trader Joe's $6.95 18 $0.39 9000 $0.43
90.09% $2.15 $4.29

"Lump" Charcoal varies varies $0.55 9000 $0.61
128.33% $3.06 $6.11

You pick a number out of the air for charcoal Btu/hr, then assign a
ridiculously high price to propane. All this in an effort to come up
with a cost comparison for something that few, if any, in this group
give a tinker's dam about.
Why? What's your point?
Before you started posting these attempts at fuel cost comparisons,
the cost of fuel was the least of my considerations. It still is, if I
had to use $20.00 worth of either charcoal or propane to turn $10.00
worth of pork shoulder into something my friends and family would
thoroughly enjoy, so be it.

Ross.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 5, 8:58*am, wrote:

Before you started posting these attempts at fuel cost comparisons,
the cost of fuel was the least of my considerations.

Shit, I figure I use about $7 of lump for a 6-8 hour cook. Now my
cooker can hold anywhere from 10 to 100lbs of meat. That's up to me.

What's the cost per hour per pound?

This is so stupid it hurts. This is so stupid it must be Kent's.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

what strikes me as odd about this discussion is that part of the point of
slow and low is to take an otherwise almost completely tough hunk of meat
and render it edible... so what if you raise the price per pound to double,
you get good eating for say $2.50 per pound instead of that $7.00 lb steak,
what is so hard about comparing finished cost of a picnic roast to a cut of
meat that will cost you more? Lee
--
If you want to discuss top posting please email me privately, lets not
clutter the news group, thanks*****

..

--
Have a wonderful day

"Theron" wrote in message

"Brick" wrote in message
ter.com...

On 4-Oct-2009, "Theron" wrote:

"Duwop" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 3:19 pm, "Theron" wrote:

I'm not aware

That's painfully obvious Kent.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. However, there has not been a
post
on
this NG that compares the cost of BTUs of different fuels we use when
smoking or grilling.

In the six years I've been here, you're the only one that ever thought it
was relavant. Nobody that seriously cooks, gives a big rats AXXX
about the btu/hr of fuel. Not even the commercial folks care.

Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

I think when the fuel cost of smoking a pork shoulder is greater than the
cost of the meat we should consider that important. You bet the commercial
folks care about that.

Ed

Fuel Cost Comparisons once more Theron General Cooking 64 07-10-2009 06:08 AM
Fuel Cost Comparisons once more Theron Barbecue 61 07-10-2009 06:08 AM
Charcoal Propane Cost Comparisons Theron Barbecue 4 04-10-2009 12:59 AM
Tea comparisons? Serendip Tea 25 20-02-2005 10:58 PM
Tea comparisons? Serendip Tea 0 18-02-2005 12:29 AM