Old 03-02-2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default query

Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.

I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
have a clue where to start.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Betsy

Old 03-02-2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.baking

In article . com,
cometz wrote:

Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.

I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
have a clue where to start.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Betsy

I like her bread machine book, and I've heard great things about that
one, too. I'd give it a try.

--
MaryMc

Old 17-02-2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.food.baking

cometz wrote:
Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.

I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
have a clue where to start.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Betsy

Your local library. Don't buy anything until you have looked all
through the book and found at least 10 recipes you want to try.

gloria p
Old 26-02-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.food.baking

=
= I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
= have a clue where to start.

I like _The Village Baker_ by Joe Ortiz.

--
Charlie Sorsby

Edgewood, NM 87015
USA

query WENDY HUNT Baking 0 04-02-2007 05:26 AM
UK yeast query Bruce Baking 7 28-11-2006 12:10 PM
Cobbler Query Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 8 25-10-2005 04:42 AM
An Egg Query hahabogus General Cooking 14 01-06-2004 07:05 AM
How to query Jerry Baking 0 15-05-2004 05:17 AM