FoodBanter.com

-   -   query (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/115472-query.html)

cometz 03-02-2007 05:27 PM

query

Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.

I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
have a clue where to start.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Betsy

MaryMc 03-02-2007 06:58 PM

query

In article . com>,
cometz > wrote:

> Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
> play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
> like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
> with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
> but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.
>
> I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
> have a clue where to start.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts,
> Betsy

I like her bread machine book, and I've heard great things about that
one, too. I'd give it a try.

--
MaryMc

Puester 17-02-2007 03:00 AM

query

cometz wrote:
> Any opinions on Beth Hensperger's book, the Bread Bible? I used to
> play around making breads many years past and want to dive in again. I
> like messing around with recipes but also want to get a couple books
> with a good variety of recipes. Once I get going again I can add on
> but I would like something with some wide ranging offerings.
>
> I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
> have a clue where to start.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts,
> Betsy

Your local library. Don't buy anything until you have looked all
through the book and found at least 10 recipes you want to try.

gloria p

Charlie Sorsby 26-02-2007 08:20 PM

query

=
= I looked at the faq and there are so many books that I don't really
= have a clue where to start.

I like _The Village Baker_ by Joe Ortiz.

--
Charlie Sorsby

Edgewood, NM 87015
USA