John Lauerhahs

Default Peach haze

Could anyone please help? I have 14 gallons of peach wine,six months old.It
is free of lees/sediment but is still hazy/cloudy.I have the patience to let
it sit for however long it takes but don't want to ruin it.Used pectic
enzyme at the start so I don't think that's the problem.I don't want to add
a bunch of needless stuff,I'd prefer to do whatever is natural to remedy
this.Can provide any additional information if needed.TIA.

Ken Vale

John Lauerhahs wrote:
> Could anyone please help? I have 14 gallons of peach wine,six months old.It
> is free of lees/sediment but is still hazy/cloudy.I have the patience to let
> it sit for however long it takes but don't want to ruin it.Used pectic
> enzyme at the start so I don't think that's the problem.I don't want to add
> a bunch of needless stuff,I'd prefer to do whatever is natural to remedy
> this.Can provide any additional information if needed.TIA.

Well it seems I can't use my favorite answer (pectic enzyme) because
you've already done that, good for you. Did you use enough Pectic
Enzyme? What is the Hydrometer reading? Has it been stilled? Have you
used a clearing agent? Have you tried cold stabilization? Does it have
an off smell? Did it have contact with a source of starch? Those
questions should provide a pointer to the problem.
Ken
Ray Calvert

I made 10 gal. of peach wine 2 years ago that just would not clear. Over a
9 month period I used a second treatment of pectic enzyme and then betonite.
Then I hit it with Super Kleer and it cleared over night. If it helps,
that is my experience with a similar problem.

Ray

Haze C. U. Jimmy Winemaking 10 27-11-2008 01:46 AM
Cold haze? pp Winemaking 24 30-03-2005 01:01 AM
Cold haze? pp Winemaking 0 25-03-2005 12:14 AM
Bentonite Haze [email protected] Winemaking 27 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
haze won't clear Arthur Winemaking 4 11-02-2005 12:58 AM