Mike

Default Finishing Strawberry

I have two batches of Strawberry wine going right now. They are ready to be
stabalized, sweetened and bottled. I just got a PH meter yesterday so I
checked the acid. I would like to see what you guys would do to finish each
of these wines.

1 - 4 galons PH=3.04 TA=7.25
2 - 1 galon PH=3.06 TA=6.25

I prefer dry wines but understand strawberry should be sweetened, so I would
probably prefer to sweeten it lightly. Any suggestions?

Mike

I think I will try this. What is the best way to stabalize and sweeten this
wine?

>Sweetening trials would be a good way to go if you have the time or

inclination.

BOB

"Mike" > wrote in message
> I think I will try this. What is the best way to stabalize and sweeten

this
> wine?

I just wait til it is completely still, make sure the dissolved gases
are out, and it is brilliantly clear by whatever method you choose; then
rack into a bucket with the desired sugar, add potassium sorbate, or sodium
benzoate, and bottle. Then comes the fun part! <hic>
Bob

> >Sweetening trials would be a good way to go if you have the time or

> inclination.

Ben Rotter

"Mike" > wrote:
> I think I will try this. What is the best way to stabalize and sweeten this
> wine?

It should be clear (particulate matter, yeast in particular, should be
at a minimum). Addition potassium sorbate will assist in preventing
re-fermentation.

In the sweetening trials I'd probably first trial about three samples,
at say 5, 10, and 15 g/l r.s. and go from there. It all depends on the
wine itself and your personal taste.

Ben
Mike

> It should be clear (particulate matter, yeast in particular, should be
> at a minimum). Addition potassium sorbate will assist in preventing
> re-fermentation.

The wine is as clear as it is going to get.

> In the sweetening trials I'd probably first trial about three samples,
> at say 5, 10, and 15 g/l r.s. and go from there. It all depends on the
> wine itself and your personal taste.

I got some wine conditioner it is supposed to sweeten and stabilize all at
the same time. I will add a little at a time until it is just right.

Finishing Salts merryb General Cooking 21 29-04-2008 10:43 PM
Finishing Rolling Pin [email protected] General Cooking 31 17-04-2007 04:52 AM
Strawberry Wine - finishing norm Winemaking 7 14-04-2004 02:42 AM
finishing questions Dan Winemaking 7 23-01-2004 07:01 PM
Help finishing off chardonnay Pete Winemaking 9 16-01-2004 03:58 AM