Andrew

Default synthetic corks

I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
with them that I should know about.

Thanks

Tom S

"Andrew" > wrote in message
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.

I bought mine from Supremecorq. They seem fine so far, but it's only been 4
months since bottling. The only problem so far is that they seal so well
that they tend to creep (out of the bottle) with temperature changes -
especially from colder to warmer.

Tom S

pp

"Andrew" > wrote in message news:<wPdtc.602895$Ig.136735@pd7tw2no>...
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.
>
> Thanks

Andrew:

Bosa Grape & Juice in Burnaby carry Supremecorq if you want to order locally.
http://www.bosagrape.com/

Pp
Ray

I have been using them for going on 2 years. No problems. I had heard they
were hard to remove but have had no problem there and I have not experienced
the creep problem but I have heard others comment on it.

Ray

"Andrew" > wrote in message
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.
>
> Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Andrew" > wrote in message
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.

Got mine from Grape & Granary. I've used them for a couple of years now and
like them. Regular corks are OK when the bag is first opened, but small
batch users will end up with dry corks, oversoaking, etc. the synthetics
seem t work very well for me. I'me seeing them a lot on commercial wines
now.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Adam Lang

I buy from www.beer-wine.com

I love the synthetic corks. One of the biggest reasons is you never have to
worry about killing a cork when you open the bottle. They don't break
apart.
"Andrew" > wrote in message
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.
>
> Thanks

Synthetic corks and a refrigerator [email protected] Winemaking 5 20-04-2007 06:31 PM
2 large sacks of bottle corks-Ebay-$25 per sack- 1000's of corks ! [email protected] Beer 1 10-03-2006 09:30 PM
2 large sacks of bottle corks-Ebay-$25 per sack- 1000's of corks ! [email protected] Wine 0 10-03-2006 11:52 AM
Synthetic corks Crhoff Winemaking 10 04-01-2006 08:18 PM
Synthetic corks by SupremeCork Henrique Ribeiro Wine 0 04-07-2005 04:05 PM