Edwin Pawlowski

Default synthetic corks

"Andrew" > wrote in message
news:wPdtc.602895$Ig.136735@pd7tw2no...
> I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
> trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
> Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
> order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
> corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
> with them that I should know about.

Got mine from Grape & Granary. I've used them for a couple of years now and
like them. Regular corks are OK when the bag is first opened, but small
batch users will end up with dry corks, oversoaking, etc. the synthetics
seem t work very well for me. I'me seeing them a lot on commercial wines
now.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome