Old 27-05-2004, 06:22 AM
Tom S

Default synthetic corks

"Andrew" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I've been making wine at home for a few years now and I'm thinking about
trying synthetic corks if I can find them. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
Canada If anyone has any info as to where I might be able to get them or
order them from it would be appreciated. Also any opinions on synthetic
corks would be usefull as well. I'd like to know if there are any problems
with them that I should know about.

I bought mine from Supremecorq. They seem fine so far, but it's only been 4
months since bottling. The only problem so far is that they seal so well
that they tend to creep (out of the bottle) with temperature changes -
especially from colder to warmer.

Tom S