Jethro

Default Swing top bottles

Any reason why I could not use swing top bottles instead of corks?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jethro" > wrote in message

> Any reason why I could not use swing top bottles instead of corks?

Yes. This upsets the traditionalist.

I like screw top glass bottles myself. I just won't be seen in public with
them.

Joe

On 03/27/2004 11:12 AM, Jethro said:
> Any reason why I could not use swing top bottles instead of corks?

I've been using them without trouble, but those wines have only been
in the bottle about 15 months.

--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net/

Joe Sallustio

I use them for beer, I have a mead under one from 6 or 7 years ago we
will be tasting soon. I'll let you know.
Regards,
Joe

Joe > wrote in message > ...
> On 03/27/2004 11:12 AM, Jethro said:
> > Any reason why I could not use swing top bottles instead of corks?
> >

> I've been using them without trouble, but those wines have only been
> in the bottle about 15 months.

Ray

I bottled about half a batch of dewberry using them several years ago. I
did not feel that the wine aged the same in these bottles as it did under
cork. After two years it seemed to have the same taste that it did when I
first bottled while the wine under cork had mellowed. After 4 years they
oxidized so they did not protect forever. The rings did not dry out or
crack but the air did get through them given enough time. Do use new rings.
They are cheap.

Ray

"Jethro" > wrote in message
> Any reason why I could not use swing top bottles instead of corks?

Not Really TN: Blind wines, I swing and miss DaleW Wine 8 27-01-2011 04:58 AM
Can opener better than the Swing-A-Way 407? Bert Hyman Cooking Equipment 8 17-07-2010 05:49 PM
Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine Brad Winemaking 17 21-06-2006 04:06 AM
"swing top" jars Scott Preserving 7 30-09-2004 02:36 AM
I hate bottling.....Grolsch swing tops Kevin Winemaking 3 17-02-2004 08:05 PM