Kevin

Default I hate bottling.....Grolsch swing tops

Here's my very simple question. I've brewed beer for 8 years and have
quite a large assortment of Grolsch swing top bottles. I'd like to
use these and would buy more to accomodate 5 gals. Mostly I have 1
liter and even a large 1.5 liter. The rest are 16 oz bottles. I
would like to use them all. The 16 oz bottles would be great at
mealtime, as my wife and I would finish off the bottle. Are these
okay to use?
brian carter

Go for it, you will not get corking of your wine and you got the bottles
(lucky devil).

Brian

Kevin wrote:

> Here's my very simple question. I've brewed beer for 8 years and have
> quite a large assortment of Grolsch swing top bottles. I'd like to
> use these and would buy more to accomodate 5 gals. Mostly I have 1
> liter and even a large 1.5 liter. The rest are 16 oz bottles. I
> would like to use them all. The 16 oz bottles would be great at
> mealtime, as my wife and I would finish off the bottle. Are these
> okay to use?

Tom S

"Kevin" > wrote in message
om...
> Here's my very simple question. I've brewed beer for 8 years and have
> quite a large assortment of Grolsch swing top bottles. I'd like to
> use these and would buy more to accomodate 5 gals. Mostly I have 1
> liter and even a large 1.5 liter. The rest are 16 oz bottles. I
> would like to use them all. The 16 oz bottles would be great at
> mealtime, as my wife and I would finish off the bottle. Are these
> okay to use?

Definitely. Be sure not to leave too much headspace in them though. ½ inch
is plenty. A little less is better.

Tom S

Ray

I used them one time and they worked well. I thought that the wine did not
improve with bottle aging like it did under cork but that may have just been
my impression. It certainly did not hurt the wine.

Ray

"Kevin" > wrote in message
om...
> Here's my very simple question. I've brewed beer for 8 years and have
> quite a large assortment of Grolsch swing top bottles. I'd like to
> use these and would buy more to accomodate 5 gals. Mostly I have 1
> liter and even a large 1.5 liter. The rest are 16 oz bottles. I
> would like to use them all. The 16 oz bottles would be great at
> mealtime, as my wife and I would finish off the bottle. Are these
> okay to use?

OT - not going to say I hate summer but I hate bugs Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 29 07-07-2011 08:01 PM
Can opener better than the Swing-A-Way 407? Bert Hyman Cooking Equipment 8 17-07-2010 05:49 PM
"swing top" jars Scott Preserving 7 30-09-2004 02:36 AM
Swing top bottles Jethro Winemaking 4 30-03-2004 12:31 AM
Grolsch Amber Ale bassboat Beer 6 29-02-2004 12:25 AM