Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Pinapple Wine

Just started my first ever batch of Pinapple Wine, hope it turns out.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Shane wrote:

> Just started my first ever batch of Pinapple Wine, hope it turns out.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
> Shane wrote:
>
>> Just started my first ever batch of Pinapple Wine, hope it turns out.

> I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Pineapple makes a wonderful wine. To me it's very like a sauvignon blanc and
not recognizable as pineapple at all.
Cheers,
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Steve Peek wrote:

> "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
>> Shane wrote:
>>
>>> Just started my first ever batch of Pinapple Wine, hope it turns out.

>> I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

> Pineapple makes a wonderful wine. To me it's very like a sauvignon blanc
> and not recognizable as pineapple at all.
> Cheers,
> Steve

I have only made it once and once in a mead and it turned out good.
Could you share your recipe.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Sure,

This if for a five gallon batch.

15 lbs pinapple
8.75 pounds sugar
1 1/4 tsp tannin
4 tsp nutrient
5 campden tablets
1 pkg yeast

"Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
> Steve Peek wrote:

>>> I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

>> Pineapple makes a wonderful wine. To me it's very like a sauvignon blanc
>> and not recognizable as pineapple at all.
>> Cheers,
>> Steve

> I have only made it once and once in a mead and it turned out good.
> Could you share your recipe.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Shane wrote:

> Sure,
>
> This if for a five gallon batch.
>
> 15 lbs pinapple
> 8.75 pounds sugar
> 1 1/4 tsp tannin
> 4 tsp nutrient
> 5 campden tablets
> 1 pkg yeast

Thanks, I will get around to trying it after I bottle some of last years and
free up some space and carboys.

> "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
>> Steve Peek wrote:

>>> Pineapple makes a wonderful wine. To me it's very like a sauvignon blanc
>>> and not recognizable as pineapple at all.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve

>> I have only made it once and once in a mead and it turned out good.
>> Could you share your recipe.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Having problems getting this one to start, repitched yeast this morning
hoping it will go.

"Shane" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sure,
>
> This if for a five gallon batch.
>
> 15 lbs pinapple
> 8.75 pounds sugar
> 1 1/4 tsp tannin
> 4 tsp nutrient
> 5 campden tablets
> 1 pkg yeast
>

> "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
>> Steve Peek wrote:

>>> Pineapple makes a wonderful wine. To me it's very like a sauvignon blanc
>>> and not recognizable as pineapple at all.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve

>> I have only made it once and once in a mead and it turned out good.
>> Could you share your recipe.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jan 30, 4:35*pm, "Shane" > wrote:
> Having problems getting this one to start, repitched yeast this morning
> hoping it will go.
>
> "Shane" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>
> > Sure,

> > This if for a five gallon batch.

> > 15 lbs pinapple
> > 8.75 pounds sugar
> > 1 1/4 tsp tannin
> > 4 tsp nutrient
> > 5 campden tablets
> > 1 pkg yeast

> > "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
> m...

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Thanks for the recipe. I'm surprised there is no pectin enzyme to reduce
the fruit. I've saving this recipe for future use and probably will add
pectin enzyme to break down the pineapple faster. thanks all for the
string. DAv

? Pinapple rings Brick[_5_] Barbecue 4 28-05-2011 02:18 AM
? Pinapple rings Bob-tx[_3_] Barbecue 8 27-05-2011 07:08 PM
Pinapple Jam ? {BEV} Preserving 3 30-06-2007 02:53 PM
Rhubarb and Pinapple Jam Tim Recipes 0 26-07-2005 02:12 AM
Rhubarb & Pinapple Jam Lawrence & Barbara K Recipes (moderated) 0 26-06-2005 04:25 AM