Posted to alt.food.wine

Default St Veran

Has anyone had a St. Veran lately that they like. I have been up and
down on these as sometimes a good buy for a French Chard but I have had
some that I have found harsh and overly acidic.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Probably best St. Veran I ever had was from Manciat.

The Drouhin is usually correct and occasionally great for the money
(2002).

JJ Vincent & Verget can be good.

Please note I'm more acid-tolerant than most.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In message >
Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:

> Has anyone had a St. Veran lately that they like. I have been up and
> down on these as sometimes a good buy for a French Chard but I have had
> some that I have found harsh and overly acidic.

If you can find it try Domaine de la Feuillarde also sold as Domaine
Thomas - it is beautifully balanced and his Vielles Vignes from 60
year old vines is especially good - as is his Pouilly-Fuisse. Both
are good RPQ.

Tim

[TN] Drouhin St Veran, Voge Cornas Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 03-05-2010 02:50 PM
[TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 16-10-2009 10:46 PM
TN: '05 Drouhin St. Veran Mark Lipton Wine 0 16-11-2006 03:56 PM
TN St. Veran Rich R Wine 7 29-04-2004 08:01 AM
Drouhin 01 St Veran jcoulter Wine 0 11-04-2004 03:04 AM