Posted to alt.food.wine

Default couple of good low end Rieslings

Since the subject of reasonably priced white came up recently, I thought
I'd pass along a couple of our "go to" wines, both around 8‚¬ "dĂ©part
cave" and both biodynamic. Both also have a new generation of 20-
something winemakers coming in, but the elders are still in control.

The first is Ginglinger (Paul et Henri). Nice people, been in the
business 7 generations. The wine is light, racy acidity, citrus and
tropical fruits, super refreshing and a real palate cleanser. A classic
easy-drinking riesling. The entry level gewurtz is also very good, as
are the more expensive cuvées.

The other is Gsell. The family has owned the land and made wine for 350
years! The wine has more body and perhaps a little more sweetness,
tropical fruit again with a well balanced acidity and a touch of petrol.

I hope these are available, I believe a bit makes it over the pond.

-E

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net
Posted to alt.food.wine

In message >, Emery Davis`
> writes
>Since the subject of reasonably priced white came up recently, I thought
>I'd pass along a couple of our "go to" wines, both around 8‚¬ "dĂ©part
>cave" and both biodynamic. Both also have a new generation of 20-
>something winemakers coming in, but the elders are still in control.
>
>The first is Ginglinger (Paul et Henri). Nice people, been in the
>business 7 generations. The wine is light, racy acidity, citrus and
>tropical fruits, super refreshing and a real palate cleanser. A classic
>easy-drinking riesling. The entry level gewurtz is also very good, as
>are the more expensive cuvées.
>
>The other is Gsell. The family has owned the land and made wine for 350
>years! The wine has more body and perhaps a little more sweetness,
>tropical fruit again with a well balanced acidity and a touch of petrol.
>
>I hope these are available, I believe a bit makes it over the pond.
>
>-E

Thank you for the recommendations: I think I have found both addresses
on line (both are Eguisheim?). And Ginglinger even has a Clevner!
--
---
Sheila Page
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sun, 25 May 2014 18:25:54 +0100, Sheila Page wrote:

> Thank you for the recommendations: I think I have found both addresses
> on line (both are Eguisheim?). And Ginglinger even has a Clevner!

Hi Sheila,

You're welcome! But actually I got Ginglinger wrong, it's not Paul but
Pierre Henri, still in Eguisheim though. Here's the web site: www.vins-
ginglinger.com.

Your comment about the clevner tipped me off, I would have remembered
that! Anyway sorry about the confusion.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

In message >, Emery Davis
> writes
>On Sun, 25 May 2014 18:25:54 +0100, Sheila Page wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the recommendations: I think I have found both addresses
>> on line (both are Eguisheim?). And Ginglinger even has a Clevner!

>Hi Sheila,
>
>You're welcome! But actually I got Ginglinger wrong, it's not Paul but
>Pierre Henri, still in Eguisheim though. Here's the web site: www.vins-
>ginglinger.com.
>
>Your comment about the clevner tipped me off, I would have remembered
>that! Anyway sorry about the confusion.
>
>-E

Thank you for the website,

Sheila