Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Developing an American Grand Cru from American Grapes

I see that my previous post on the Norton grape has been completely
ignored on this board. Is this due to snobbery, ignorance or . . .
well, same thing, really. The one always results in the other.

Learn something . . .

http://chateau-z.com/downloads/AWS-V36-No3-2004.pdf

http://www.chateau-z.com/index.html

Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, May 4, 2012 3:55:20 PM UTC-7, John wrote:
I see that my previous post on the Norton grape has been completely
ignored on this board. Is this due to snobbery, ignorance or . . .
well, same thing, really. The one always results in the other.

Learn something . . .

http://chateau-z.com/downloads/AWS-V36-No3-2004.pdf

http://www.chateau-z.com/index.html

I have heard good things about Norton wine, but I've never seen it, let alone tasted it. I look forward to trying it when the opportunity arises.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:06 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, May 4, 2012 6:55:20 PM UTC-4, John wrote:
I see that my previous post on the Norton grape has been completely
ignored on this board. Is this due to snobbery, ignorance or . . .
well, same thing, really. The one always results in the other.

Learn something . . .

http://chateau-z.com/downloads/AWS-V36-No3-2004.pdf

http://www.chateau-z.com/index.html

Lots of posts don't get responses, Usenet isn't exactly hopping these days. I can only speak for myself, but for me your post (in the form of an open letter to a winery I've never heard of) didn't leave me feeling a question was being asked nor that I "needed" to respond. The possibility that the post came from someone at Illinois Cellars also came to mind.
This is an international group, and I'd say chances of anyone outside US having tasted Norton is quite slim.
I don't really think we are snobs or ignorant (personally, I've enjoyed the Horton Norton, but not liked most other Nortons I've tried), but you can feel however you wish!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM posted to alt.food.wine

In message
ups.com
John wrote:

I see that my previous post on the Norton grape has been completely
ignored on this board. Is this due to snobbery, ignorance or . . .
well, same thing, really. The one always results in the other.

Learn something . . .

http://chateau-z.com/downloads/AWS-V36-No3-2004.pdf

http://www.chateau-z.com/index.html

Insulting those with whom you hope to engage is not the best way to
perform. I would mark down heavily any pupil advocate very highly for
such an approach.

Tim Hartley

American foodstuffs Moe DeLoughan[_2_] General Cooking 39 24-06-2014 05:06 AM
American beer and spirits: As puritanical rules retreat, the American market for beer and spirits is growing more competitive Bob O'Dyne General Cooking 13 11-09-2012 07:41 PM
Was That 300 Millionth American Really American? fred General Cooking 3 23-10-2006 01:23 PM
American Goulash Duckie Recipes 0 28-09-2005 12:16 AM
To my american friends Ian Hoare Wine 16 01-12-2003 05:58 PM