Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Developing an American Grand Cru from American Grapes

On Friday, May 4, 2012 6:55:20 PM UTC-4, John wrote:
> I see that my previous post on the Norton grape has been completely
> ignored on this board. Is this due to snobbery, ignorance or . . .
> well, same thing, really. The one always results in the other.
>
> Learn something . . .
>
> http://chateau-z.com/downloads/AWS-V36-No3-2004.pdf
>
> http://www.chateau-z.com/index.html

Lots of posts don't get responses, Usenet isn't exactly hopping these days. I can only speak for myself, but for me your post (in the form of an open letter to a winery I've never heard of) didn't leave me feeling a question was being asked nor that I "needed" to respond. The possibility that the post came from someone at Illinois Cellars also came to mind.
This is an international group, and I'd say chances of anyone outside US having tasted Norton is quite slim.
I don't really think we are snobs or ignorant (personally, I've enjoyed the Horton Norton, but not liked most other Nortons I've tried), but you can feel however you wish!