Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '07 Chester's Anvil Zin

Tonight we got pizza for dinner and so Jean requested a Friday night Zin
to go with it. Down to the cellar I go, and return with:

2007 Chester's Anvil Zinfandel Mt. Veeder
nose: initially, huge aroma of pencil lead, fading to plums and a huge
tarry note
palate: big, deep fruit, good acidity, rich mouthfeel

This wine is a joint product of Lagier-Meredith and Potts Vyd, using
fruit from Chester Brandlin's Mt. Veeder vineyard. Much bigger than the
bottle of this we had 2 years ago. Still not showing its 15.5% ABV but
a mouthfilling wine.

Mark Lipton

ANVIL SHOOT notbob General Cooking 4 09-04-2012 03:28 PM
Chester update, OT Storrmmee Diabetic 10 16-09-2011 10:08 PM
[TN] '07 Chester's Anvil Zin Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 7 28-10-2009 07:54 PM
Let's do brunch in Port Chester, NY Kate Connally General Cooking 14 02-07-2004 04:49 PM
Chester Reid© General Cooking 3 05-10-2003 11:59 PM