Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chester update, OT

since i talked about this before. Chester just had his three month blood
test, i put him on a perscription food from the vet, one of five choices,
took him off all people foods and his kidney value went from2..4 to 1.2
which is excellent news, then we discussed chester's and my quality of life
in relation to no snacks, we came up with a list of things he likes to eat
that aren't protien laden, so he will be a happy kitty when next everyone
has snacks...

Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> since i talked about this before. Chester just had his three month blood
> test, i put him on a perscription food from the vet, one of five choices,
> took him off all people foods and his kidney value went from2..4 to 1.2
> which is excellent news, then we discussed chester's and my quality of
> life in relation to no snacks, we came up with a list of things he likes
> to eat that aren't protien laden, so he will be a happy kitty when next
> everyone has snacks...

I hope he likes the prescription food. Sadly Maui didn't like any of them
at all and just continued to lose weight.

I just read a book yesterday that claims our problems as humans such as type
2 diabetes and kidney and thyroid problems with cats have to do with the
nutrition or lack thereof by our mother and her mother not only when they
were pregnant but when they were children. Not that we could do anything
about it now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Some good news then.

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> since i talked about this before. Chester just had his three month
> blood test, i put him on a perscription food from the vet, one of five
> choices, took him off all people foods and his kidney value went
> from2..4 to 1.2 which is excellent news, then we discussed chester's
> and my quality of life in relation to no snacks, we came up with a
> list of things he likes to eat that aren't protien laden, so he will
> be a happy kitty when next everyone has snacks...
>
> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

chester has blessedly NO trouble eating the food on offer, he weighs exactly
what he weighed before his dental. that is why i never knew he had a tooth
issues, he never missed a meal. he always looks in the food container every
time i open it to see if the flavor has magically changed... given his
choice he would have half or better of his nutrition in people specifically
of the mexican spicey hot variety... after bacon and turkey pepper jack
cheese is third... the best thing about all of this is that we caught this
very early, his physical a year ago detect no kidney damage/abnormality from
the physical, she mentioned his were a bight tough as she put it, so we
decided to do testing when he got his preop testing... worked out great, man
do i love having a vet that i trust, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> since i talked about this before. Chester just had his three month blood
>> test, i put him on a perscription food from the vet, one of five choices,
>> took him off all people foods and his kidney value went from2..4 to 1.2
>> which is excellent news, then we discussed chester's and my quality of
>> life in relation to no snacks, we came up with a list of things he likes
>> to eat that aren't protien laden, so he will be a happy kitty when next
>> everyone has snacks...

> I hope he likes the prescription food. Sadly Maui didn't like any of them
> at all and just continued to lose weight.
>
> I just read a book yesterday that claims our problems as humans such as
> type 2 diabetes and kidney and thyroid problems with cats have to do with
> the nutrition or lack thereof by our mother and her mother not only when
> they were pregnant but when they were children. Not that we could do
> anything about it now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> chester has blessedly NO trouble eating the food on offer, he weighs
> exactly what he weighed before his dental. that is why i never knew he
> had a tooth issues, he never missed a meal. he always looks in the food
> container every time i open it to see if the flavor has magically
> changed... given his choice he would have half or better of his nutrition
> in people specifically of the mexican spicey hot variety... after bacon
> and turkey pepper jack cheese is third... the best thing about all of
> this is that we caught this very early, his physical a year ago detect no
> kidney damage/abnormality from the physical, she mentioned his were a
> bight tough as she put it, so we decided to do testing when he got his
> preop testing... worked out great, man do i love having a vet that i
> trust, Lee

That's good then! My current cats are very picky. I made the mistake of
giving them some Fancy Feast Appetizers that were left over from Maui. They
love the tuna and salmon flavors. Will also eat the chicken and tuna mix.
But no others. They also love most crunchy treats. The baby will not eat
the soft ones but mom will.

The only canned food I can find that they will eat is pretty similar to the
Appetizers. It's tuna and comes in the tiny cans. And it's no cheaper than
the Appetizers. I keep trying to feed them the Wellness food that I have a
ton of. They will eat a bite or three but no more. I need to give it away
or donate it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yes it is wonderful, not only because his health has improved but because
his quality of life will gain when i can reintroduce some people food, his
nick name is chester the ingester he is a true foodie, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Some good news then.
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> since i talked about this before. Chester just had his three month blood
>> test, i put him on a perscription food from the vet, one of five choices,
>> took him off all people foods and his kidney value went from2..4 to 1.2
>> which is excellent news, then we discussed chester's and my quality of
>> life in relation to no snacks, we came up with a list of things he likes
>> to eat that aren't protien laden, so he will be a happy kitty when next
>> everyone has snacks...
>>
>> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

well if the cost is the same, just pick the better nutrition and go for it,
i am pretty lucky as after you take the consideration of canned vs dry out
of it, they aren't picky, I have three that won't touch anything but dry,
one who is so/so split and two who vastly prefer wet but eat enough dry to
stay healthy, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> chester has blessedly NO trouble eating the food on offer, he weighs
>> exactly what he weighed before his dental. that is why i never knew he
>> had a tooth issues, he never missed a meal. he always looks in the food
>> container every time i open it to see if the flavor has magically
>> changed... given his choice he would have half or better of his nutrition
>> in people specifically of the mexican spicey hot variety... after bacon
>> and turkey pepper jack cheese is third... the best thing about all of
>> this is that we caught this very early, his physical a year ago detect no
>> kidney damage/abnormality from the physical, she mentioned his were a
>> bight tough as she put it, so we decided to do testing when he got his
>> preop testing... worked out great, man do i love having a vet that i
>> trust, Lee

> That's good then! My current cats are very picky. I made the mistake of
> giving them some Fancy Feast Appetizers that were left over from Maui.
> They love the tuna and salmon flavors. Will also eat the chicken and tuna
> mix. But no others. They also love most crunchy treats. The baby will
> not eat the soft ones but mom will.
>
> The only canned food I can find that they will eat is pretty similar to
> the Appetizers. It's tuna and comes in the tiny cans. And it's no
> cheaper than the Appetizers. I keep trying to feed them the Wellness food
> that I have a ton of. They will eat a bite or three but no more. I need
> to give it away or donate it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> well if the cost is the same, just pick the better nutrition and go for
> it, i am pretty lucky as after you take the consideration of canned vs dry
> out of it, they aren't picky, I have three that won't touch anything but
> dry, one who is so/so split and two who vastly prefer wet but eat enough
> dry to stay healthy, Lee

Both of the cost too much, IMO and I am not willing to pay that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you might try witholding it for a day and see if they will eat a less
expensive bit, some of the friskies is very healthy but you have to... you
know the drill,... read the label, lol, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> well if the cost is the same, just pick the better nutrition and go for
>> it, i am pretty lucky as after you take the consideration of canned vs
>> dry out of it, they aren't picky, I have three that won't touch anything
>> but dry, one who is so/so split and two who vastly prefer wet but eat
>> enough dry to stay healthy, Lee

> Both of the cost too much, IMO and I am not willing to pay that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> you might try witholding it for a day and see if they will eat a less
> expensive bit, some of the friskies is very healthy but you have to... you
> know the drill,... read the label, lol, Lee

I got a free can of Friskies and it made the kitten sick.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

now that sucks, Lee