Kate Connally

Default Let's do brunch in Port Chester, NY

Hi gang,
I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
not want to join me. I already have a couple of
rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
you shouldn't be all that far away.

Here's the info on the restaurant:
El Chalan Restaurant
45 Midland Ave.
Port Chester, NY
914-934-2244

The brunch is from 8am-11am. It's not a buffet
but off the menu. Reasonably priced, I think.
I called and asked and the lady I talked to said
probably $15 depending on what you order. My
understanding is that they do special dishes for
the brunch. I'm planning on getting there by 9am.
I don't want to get there too late as they may run
out of something good. Also, I don't know if there
will be a long line to get in. I'm coming all the
way from the Philly area as I am going to the Blobfest
in Phoenixville on Saturday.

So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
until you've had Chicha Morada.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Jason Tinling

Kate,

You're probably taking the Turnpike over this away, but Lancaster's Central
Market is open Friday and Saturday...a nice foodie side trip, if you have
the time.

<http://www.lancasterpa.net/photo_tou...tral_market.ht
m>

Jason

Kate Connally > wrote:
> Hi gang,
> I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> you shouldn't be all that far away.

> Here's the info on the restaurant:
> El Chalan Restaurant
> 45 Midland Ave.
> Port Chester, NY
> 914-934-2244

Count me in.
Nancy Young

Kate Connally wrote:

> Hi gang,
> I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> you shouldn't be all that far away.

How flattering is that. Kate, you really put a smile on my face.
If I could, I would, I literally cannot. Would be a lot of fun,
I know that. I'm sorry I can't be there. I'm jealous.

nancy
Boron Elgar

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:16:40 -0400, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>Hi gang,
>I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
>brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
>July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
>not want to join me. I already have a couple of
>rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
>of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
>you shouldn't be all that far away.
>
>Here's the info on the restaurant:
>El Chalan Restaurant
>45 Midland Ave.
>Port Chester, NY
>914-934-2244
>
>The brunch is from 8am-11am. It's not a buffet
>but off the menu. Reasonably priced, I think.
>I called and asked and the lady I talked to said
>probably $15 depending on what you order. My
>understanding is that they do special dishes for
>the brunch. I'm planning on getting there by 9am.
>I don't want to get there too late as they may run
>out of something good. Also, I don't know if there
>will be a long line to get in. I'm coming all the
>way from the Philly area as I am going to the Blobfest
>in Phoenixville on Saturday.
>
>So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
>good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
>until you've had Chicha Morada.
>
>Kate

Ahhh, but will they have guinea pig on the menu for brunch? I know it
is hard to get.

The Hub & I will do our best, but that is mighty early on a Sunday for
a long & hungry drive.

Can you count us semi-in?

Boron

Sam D.

Thanks, sounds fun and it's an event I'd probably drive some distance for
but I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm on the left coast. Hope you all
enjoy!

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Hi gang,
> I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> you shouldn't be all that far away.
>
> Here's the info on the restaurant:
> El Chalan Restaurant
> 45 Midland Ave.
> Port Chester, NY
> 914-934-2244
>
> The brunch is from 8am-11am. It's not a buffet
> but off the menu. Reasonably priced, I think.
> I called and asked and the lady I talked to said
> probably $15 depending on what you order. My
> understanding is that they do special dishes for
> the brunch. I'm planning on getting there by 9am.
> I don't want to get there too late as they may run
> out of something good. Also, I don't know if there
> will be a long line to get in. I'm coming all the
> way from the Philly area as I am going to the Blobfest
> in Phoenixville on Saturday.
>
> So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
> good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
> until you've had Chicha Morada.
>
> Kate
>
> --
> Kate Connally
> "If I were as old as I feel, I'd be dead already."
> Goldfish: "The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> Until you bite their heads off."
> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?

Christine Dabney

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:56:24 -0400, Nancy Young >
wrote:

>Kate Connally wrote:

It would be nice to meet some
>> of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
>> you shouldn't be all that far away.

>How flattering is that. Kate, you really put a smile on my face.
>If I could, I would, I literally cannot. Would be a lot of fun,
>I know that. I'm sorry I can't be there. I'm jealous.
>
>nancy

Nancy won't meet any of us. I think she's skeered of us: mention that
you are coming to her area, and she runs away like crazy.

I am beginning to think she is a figment of our imaginations.

Christine
Kate Connally

Jason Tinling wrote:

> Kate,
>
> You're probably taking the Turnpike over this away, but Lancaster's Central
> Market is open Friday and Saturday...a nice foodie side trip, if you have
> the time.
>
> <http://www.lancasterpa.net/photo_tou...tral_market.ht
> m>
>
> Jason

Nope, no Turnpike. I will never drive on the PA
Turnpike again except for brief 1-2 exit hops if
necessary. But, as for Lancaster, won't have time
to stop there. Been to Lancaster many times over
the years. Haven't been to the Central Market yet,
though. Mean to get there one of these days. Love
the Bird in Hand Farmer's Market.

Nope, on this trip I'm probably going to take US-22,
US-322, and US-30 from Pittsburgh to Phoenixville.
Returning from Port Chester via I-80 most of the way.

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

Nancy Young wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
> >
> > Hi gang,
> > I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> > brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> > July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> > not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> > rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> > of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> > you shouldn't be all that far away.

> How flattering is that. Kate, you really put a smile on my face.
> If I could, I would, I literally cannot. Would be a lot of fun,
> I know that. I'm sorry I can't be there. I'm jealous.
>
> nancy

Boo hoo! Nancy, I am truly devastated. What
kind of lame excuse ya got, huh? ;-)

We'll all talk about you behind your back if ya
don't show up. ;-) ;-)

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:16:40 -0400, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>
> >Hi gang,
> >I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> >brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> >July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> >not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> >rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> >of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> >you shouldn't be all that far away.
> >
> >Here's the info on the restaurant:
> >El Chalan Restaurant
> >45 Midland Ave.
> >Port Chester, NY
> >914-934-2244
> >
> >The brunch is from 8am-11am. It's not a buffet
> >but off the menu. Reasonably priced, I think.
> >I called and asked and the lady I talked to said
> >probably $15 depending on what you order. My
> >understanding is that they do special dishes for
> >the brunch. I'm planning on getting there by 9am.
> >I don't want to get there too late as they may run
> >out of something good. Also, I don't know if there
> >will be a long line to get in. I'm coming all the
> >way from the Philly area as I am going to the Blobfest
> >in Phoenixville on Saturday.
> >
> >So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
> >good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
> >until you've had Chicha Morada.
> >
> >Kate

> Ahhh, but will they have guinea pig on the menu for brunch? I know it
> is hard to get.
>
> The Hub & I will do our best, but that is mighty early on a Sunday for
> a long & hungry drive.
>
> Can you count us semi-in?

That would be great if you can make it.
I'd love to meet you after hearing so many
great things about you after Margaret's
brunch for Barb. But we need to know how big
a table to ask for. Come on, you can do it.
Just this once. I'm not a morning person myself,
in any way, shape, or form, but for special
occasions I bite the bullet and "just do it".
If I can do it, you can, too. ;-)

Kate, hoping you can make it.

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

"Sam D." wrote:

> Thanks, sounds fun and it's an event I'd probably drive some distance for
> but I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm on the left coast. Hope you all
> enjoy!
>
> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> > Hi gang,
> > I'm planning to be in Port Chester, NY for
> > brunch at a Peruvian restaurant there on Sunday,
> > July 18th. I'm wondering if some of you might
> > not want to join me. I already have a couple of
> > rfcer's lined up. It would be nice to meet some
> > of you I haven't met yet. Nancy Young, for instance,
> > you shouldn't be all that far away.
> >
> > Here's the info on the restaurant:
> > El Chalan Restaurant
> > 45 Midland Ave.
> > Port Chester, NY
> > 914-934-2244
> >
> > The brunch is from 8am-11am. It's not a buffet
> > but off the menu. Reasonably priced, I think.
> > I called and asked and the lady I talked to said
> > probably $15 depending on what you order. My
> > understanding is that they do special dishes for
> > the brunch. I'm planning on getting there by 9am.
> > I don't want to get there too late as they may run
> > out of something good. Also, I don't know if there
> > will be a long line to get in. I'm coming all the
> > way from the Philly area as I am going to the Blobfest
> > in Phoenixville on Saturday.
> >
> > So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
> > good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
> > until you've had Chicha Morada.
> >
> > Kate
> >
> > --
> > Kate Connally
> > "If I were as old as I feel, I'd be dead already."
> > Goldfish: "The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> > Until you bite their heads off."
> > What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?

Ah, what a wuss! If you start on July 11th, I'm sure
you can make it. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

hahabogus

Kate Connally > wrote in :

> We'll all talk about you behind your back if ya
> don't show up. ;-) ;-)

You would even if she turned up...

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
Boron Elgar

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:45:51 -0400, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>>

>> >So, let's hear from you guys. This should be really
>> >good. I love Peruvian food. And you haven't had anything
>> >until you've had Chicha Morada.
>> >
>> >Kate

>> Ahhh, but will they have guinea pig on the menu for brunch? I know it
>> is hard to get.
>>
>> The Hub & I will do our best, but that is mighty early on a Sunday for
>> a long & hungry drive.
>>
>> Can you count us semi-in?

>That would be great if you can make it.
>I'd love to meet you after hearing so many
>great things about you after Margaret's
>brunch for Barb. But we need to know how big
>a table to ask for. Come on, you can do it.
>Just this once. I'm not a morning person myself,
>in any way, shape, or form, but for special
>occasions I bite the bullet and "just do it".
>If I can do it, you can, too. ;-)
>
>Kate, hoping you can make it.

I hope so, too, but will not know for sure until about a week before.

Boron

Kate Connally

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:45:51 -0400, Kate Connally >
> wrote:

> >> Ahhh, but will they have guinea pig on the menu for brunch? I know it
> >> is hard to get.
> >>
> >> The Hub & I will do our best, but that is mighty early on a Sunday for
> >> a long & hungry drive.
> >>
> >> Can you count us semi-in?

> >That would be great if you can make it.
> >I'd love to meet you after hearing so many
> >great things about you after Margaret's
> >brunch for Barb. But we need to know how big
> >a table to ask for. Come on, you can do it.
> >Just this once. I'm not a morning person myself,
> >in any way, shape, or form, but for special
> >occasions I bite the bullet and "just do it".
> >If I can do it, you can, too. ;-)
> >
> >Kate, hoping you can make it.

> I hope so, too, but will not know for sure until about a week before.
>
> Boron

Okay, I'll pencil you in. Let me know.

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Boron Elgar

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:48:16 -0400, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:45:51 -0400, Kate Connally >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Kate, hoping you can make it.

>> I hope so, too, but will not know for sure until about a week before.
>>
>> Boron

>Okay, I'll pencil you in. Let me know.
>
>Kate

Will do.

Boron

[TN] '07 Chester's Anvil Zin Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 01-10-2011 02:30 AM
Chester update, OT Storrmmee Diabetic 10 16-09-2011 10:08 PM
[TN] '07 Chester's Anvil Zin Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 7 28-10-2009 06:54 PM
Port wine Sauce Help using Vintage Port (opened a couple of weeks ago - but refrigerated) Kate B General Cooking 2 22-12-2003 10:29 PM
Chester Reid© General Cooking 3 05-10-2003 11:59 PM