Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '07 Chester's Anvil Zin

Tonight we got pizza for dinner and so Jean requested a Friday night Zin
to go with it. Down to the cellar I go, and return with:

2007 Chester's Anvil Zinfandel Mt. Veeder
nose: initially, huge aroma of pencil lead, fading to plums and a huge
tarry note
palate: big, deep fruit, good acidity, rich mouthfeel

This wine is a joint product of Lagier-Meredith and Potts Vyd, using
fruit from Chester Brandlin's Mt. Veeder vineyard. Much bigger than the
bottle of this we had 2 years ago. Still not showing its 15.5% ABV but
a mouthfilling wine.

Mark Lipton