Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2003 Perrot Minot Gevrey Chambertin "Les Perrieres"

We were on a mission to clear out the freezer and I found some
D'Artagnan duck confit so we seared them off in our black iron skillet
and opened a bottle of 2003 Perrot-Minot Gevrey Chambertin "Les
Perrieres" to accompany. The wine was medium garnet and a bit lighter
than most P-M wines. The nose was fairly light with a bit of red
cherry and a high toned minerality. Medium bodied on the palate.
Juicy red cherry, red raspberry a bit of exotic spice and a load of
red dirt mineral on the finish. Somewhat different than the normal
house sytle at P-M a bit lighter on it's feet but no doubt a Gevrey. "B
+"