Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2004 Denis Mortet Gevrey-Chambertin "Lavaut St Jacques"

With dinner last night we started with a tartare of Ahi tuna with a
bit of cilantro and red chiles I opened a bottle of 2007 Pieropan
Soave Classico which was fresh and citrusy like a squirt of fresh
lemon and lime in your mouth. Quite linear with a bright acidity on
the finish it went well with the tuna. "B". With simply grill roasted
capon and mushrooms I opened a 2004 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin
"Lavaut St Jacques". Really fragrant nose of red raspberry and cherry
with a fair amount of Gevrey "dirt" on the nose. This is a wine that
sneaks up on your palate with fresh berry and cherry flavors initially
but it builds in intensity as you drink it and it becomes quite large
on the finish with red and black fruits, minerals and a bit of oaky
vanilla. Really good and only the faintest hint of green on the
finish. "A-"